Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: What vendor for LED pushbutton switches?

Post Thanks / Like

What vendor for LED pushbutton switches?

I am putting together the dash and would like to use LEDs
    LEDs pushbutton. What company are you guys going with and what's the feedback. I've found everything from 5$ to 50$.
    FFR Roadster: Received 11/18/19: BluePrint 427w, TKO600, Glenn's performance fuel system, IRS, Wilwood Brakes, Sniper XFlow and many more

2. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    "The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very happy with the rocker switches I got from Rocker Switch Pros: https://rockerswitchpros.com/

All my switch actuators (the toggle) are custom engraved and the switch bodies a very high quality. This vendor provides great service and reasonable prices.

Don't for get to purchase the plug bodies and crimp-on terminals for a professional installation. I get these from Del City or a local electronics supplier.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

4. Thanks Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used Billet Automotive Buttons out of Australia. You can pick an engraved graphic for the face of the button as well as the color of LED back lighting. I've attached a pic of my dash when I installed everything and powered it up. The button back lighting is bright, but can be dimmed by adding a resistor to the wiring ( That's on the list to get done). Hope this helps.

ScottDash switches.jpg
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used IVA rocker switches from https://www.carbuilder.com/uk. They are a 1980's design with mini light bulbs not LED
    20190618_095703_1560866463419_resized.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to check the thread depth and retaining nut on the switches. The thickness of the plastic dash and vinyl cover are too thick for some switches.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.