Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR Front Lower Ball Joint Cover

Post Thanks / Like

FFR Front Lower Ball Joint Cover

Does anybody happen to have a part number or equivalent replacement for the press on front lower ball joint cover. Mine were dry rotted and cracked from the get go. We installed them to keep the build going with the intent of replacing them before it gets on the road (please don't judge). Getting fractionally closer to go cart and would like to replace them now. Tried to BUY them from FFR, I was told to go to an auto parts store and get them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Mike
    Mark IV 7923 arrived 11-14-12
    DOHC 4.6L, Tremec 3650, 3 Link 8.8 w/3.73

Post Thanks / Like
    The stiff black rubber boots that came with the supplied ball joints, never did fit properly on mine. A common replacement boot is the silicone rubber ones available from Energy Suspension. They fit nice and stay on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll second the Energy Suspension boots - but can't find the part number. I kept the part number tabs off of all these sorts of bits, so I'll look it up and post it if nobody beats me to it.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply guys, I appreciate it.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Energy Suspension: Lower # 9-13130G, upper # 5-13102G. Available from Summit, etal.
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dale, much appreciated.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleG View Post
    Energy Suspension: Lower # 9-13130G, upper # 5-13102G. Available from Summit, etal.
    I got mine from http://www.aftermarketsuspensionpart...dust-boots.asp (or http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...dust-boots.asp , same place). If you get lost on their site, go to Products tab at the top, then Universal under that tab.

Although I have to say, I went through more than a few before I found the right fit (pretty close anyway.) I tried the 9-13130, but one of them was defective and it seemed a bit too small, so I went with the 9.13136, even thought you have to buy a kit that has two boots that you won't use. It's a little taller, but it mushes down and the base and pin seem a better fit. You want to go about .05-.10 smaller than your measurements on the base and pin. I also tried the Prothane boots, but again of two orders of those, one was devective in each package. They seem very stout and tough, but just couldn't quite get those to fit, either a bit too big, or a bit too small.

FYI, I think the "G" indicates red. Otherwise they are black.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread