Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ncbuilder's concept - How about this for tall, Large guys !

Post Thanks / Like

ncbuilder's concept - How about this for tall, Large guys !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceral View Post
    Would love to see something for a tall fat guy.
    I have been developing what I feel a 2016-2017 C@br@ would look like if it were to be produced. I call it the "Coyote Roadster", This car has a wheelbase of 104" and a wide track that uses a complete 2015 & up Mustang IRS assembly. The IRS assembly bolts in with 4 Bolts to the chassis and is scheduled to use the 5.0 coyote v8 and your choice of transmission.

I am a large guy ( 6'1" and 280lbs) and have built many FFR roadsters and a coupe. I always found a way to fit into the cars , But a friend told me one time " You don't so much get into the car ... But you actually put it ON !. That being said, when I started trying to design a new roadster, I incorporated a longer wheelbase,a much wider drivers cabin and built in enough adjust-ability in the seat tracks that some one 5 feet tall can fit as well as someone 6'6" and 300 lbs . I started building the body buck for my project in March of 2015 and have made steady progress .There are pictures attached to show the current state of the body work. A friend from Greece sent me some photo shopped picture of the car and added some paint and wheels and tires.

I am moving forward with my concept and would welcome any and all comments from you all. Thanks Jim
    p.s. I am having trouble getting pics to load. I will try again to add some.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ncbuilder; 06-05-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still trying to get picture posted, Here is a link to FFcars forum with pictures and info
    :http://www.ffcars.com/forums/146-oth...ing-shape.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a quick and possibly dumb question.
    Before I would build one of these great cars, what needs to be done to ensure that the finished car will be legal.

Examples are:
    Going fenderless or cycle fenders on the 33.
    Emissions regulations for a MK4 with a 302.
    Registration of a MK4 as a 65 Ford, (or whatever).
    Insurance.
    And some other things I probably don't know about.

I am in Massachusetts.

I have helped build several Race Cars in the past (modified class for paved circle tracks) and have the skills necessary to build one of these FF cars for street use, but am 70 years old with relatively good health.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo999 View Post
    I have a quick and possibly dumb question.
    Before I would build one of these great cars, what needs to be done to ensure that the finished car will be legal.

Examples are:
    Going fenderless or cycle fenders on the 33.
    Emissions regulations for a MK4 with a 302.
    Registration of a MK4 as a 65 Ford, (or whatever).
    Insurance.
    And some other things I probably don't know about.

I am in Massachusetts.

I have helped build several Race Cars in the past (modified class for paved circle tracks) and have the skills necessary to build one of these FF cars for street use, but am 70 years old with relatively good health.
    It sounds like a trip to Factory Five in Wareham MA. would be very beneficial to you ! There are hundreds , if not thousands of these cars register in the state of Massachusetts. The folks at FFR can help you with your questions and point you in the right direction. Factory Five is holding it's yearly open house on the 4th. of June. There are hundreds of their car that customers have built and registered. This event would be a great time for you to see them up close and ask questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool looking car. Hopefully you can get some more pics posted and keep us updated on your progress.

Chip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip997 View Post
    Cool looking car. Hopefully you can get some more pics posted and keep us updated on your progress.

Chip.
    Thanks ! I still can not get any pictures to upload into the forums photo storage. The 2 pics I have posted were not what I was trying post.
    I will try again now .

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but I am still getting a note saying Upload to file failed. I could email someone some pictures if somebody wants to try and upload them for me. OR take a look at the Link I provided for the FFcars forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying again to load picture !

9. Likes UpNorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Dave Hodgkins for helping me figure out how to up load pics !
    Last edited by ncbuilder; 05-20-2016 at 11:46 PM. Reason: add 2nd. photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Starting to spray some epoxy primer, then some high build primer and lots of blocking

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work. Is that a metal body?

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous car! Looks like a cobra and a BMW 6 series had a baby. can't wait to see the completed car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ! The Furnace
    No it's not Metal, I built it out of cardboard and expanding foam then sculpted it, put a layer of Bondo on it, then a couple layers of fiberglass mat , then a skim coat of light weight filler , a ton of sanding and now some primer.
    I will be making a professional set of molds and jigs to put it into production. I will keep this updated as I go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    Gorgeous car! Looks like a cobra and a BMW 6 series had a baby. can't wait to see the completed car.
    Thanks flynntuna ! it has been a lot of work, but I am very happy with the way it is turning out . Stay tuned for progress pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    photo shopped with wheels/tires

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I spun off these posts into a new thread in the Off Topic - Other Build Threads forum.

Carry on...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David !

Post Thanks / Like
    My improvised spray booth ! ready for some high build primer ,then sand sand sand !

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that is a wild looking concept... Keep it up and keep the pictures coming.
    Thanks,
    Al Adkins
    Certified "Kool Aid" drinker

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Raceral ! This car has plenty of room for us big guys ! Spraying on some high build Primer.

Post Thanks / Like
    One More

Post Thanks / Like

Photo shop of concept !

I Have a New Photo shop picture of my concept car ! A friend from Greece did this for me , What do you think of it ?
    Last edited by ncbuilder; 06-02-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    more pics soon

Post Thanks / Like
    One more try !

Post Thanks / Like
    New Front view

Post Thanks / Like
    If someone can help me optimize the size of the pictures I post, I would appreciate it. I would like to get full size / full screen pics.

ffrforum1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the latest rendering of the back of the car , What do you think ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Switching between the side image and the rear image, it does not look like the same car. Did the body lines change between the renderings?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes , The rear rendering is a preliminary offering, The final should be ready Tonight !

Good eye !

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are 4 versions of taillights for the concept car !

Which do you like best ?
    Last edited by ncbuilder; 06-18-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the 4th one a lot "jimm ikaros micro rear.jpg" Are the tail lights and head lights, purely concept or are they based on known available lights and lenses?

I really love the overall look of the car. Will the car fit on any known chassis kit? I know your goal was to build something longer and wider, but it would be very cool if a version of it could just drop onto a FFR kit with a reasonable amount of modification to the frame.

Doug
    Mk4 Roadster #8843. Kit Pickup: 03/19/2016
    Roush Performance 331 SRXE Crate Engine, TKO-600, 3-link rear, 17x9 and 17x10.5 Halibrand wheels w/ Nitto NT05 tires
    Doug's Mk4 Build Thread - Annapolis, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    I really love the overall look of the car. Will the car fit on any known chassis kit? I know your goal was to build something longer and wider, but it would be very cool if a version of it could just drop onto a FFR kit with a reasonable amount of modification to the frame.

Doug[/QUOTE]

Thanks Doug ! The taillights are all production DOT approved lights and the one you like best is from a Nissan Micra which is only available in europe. There are lots of aftermarket lights available on ebay and also some oem nissans that are reasonable in price. The headlights are stock OEM lights from a very popular Ford , current model and easy to get.
    I originally thought about using a roadster frame , but the wheelbase, I thought should be increased for more driver comfort and while I was at it, I made it so OEM 2015 + mustang IRS assembly will bolt right in with 4 bolts. No need to use shorter axles, just bolt it in and your done. Thanks for your interest and keep checking back here, I will be posting more pics very soon !

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the third, Max lights, best. any chance the body could be fit to the 33 kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UnhipPopano View Post
    I like the third, Max lights, best. any chance the body could be fit to the 33 kit?
    Thanks for your vote ! The wheelbase is too long on the 33, check back at this post for more details and pics of the frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the 4th picture of the Nissan Micra tail lights they work well with the front head lights. If you can find something close to those in the US that would be great. The round tail lights work as well. Can use Hella tail lights for those, since you can get them about anywhere. The round Hella tail lights would work real well with Hella headlight modules, but then you would have to reconfigure the front headlight area.

The overall design looks great!

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post
    I like the 4th picture of the Nissan Micra tail lights they work well with the front head lights. If you can find something close to those in the US that would be great. The round tail lights work as well. Can use Hella tail lights for those, since you can get them about anywhere. The round Hella tail lights would work real well with Hella headlight modules, but then you would have to reconfigure the front headlight area.

The overall design looks great!

David
    Thanks for the suggestions David, I plan on keeping the current headlights so That may make a difference in what I choose !

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I would include some up to date pictures of the current condition of my concept car ! Ready to start making molds from the Plug !!
    I want to give a shout-out to Larry ( coyotecruiser ) for all his help and encouragement ! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks awesome! any shots of the back?
    Mk4 Roadster #8843. Kit Pickup: 03/19/2016
    Roush Performance 331 SRXE Crate Engine, TKO-600, 3-link rear, 17x9 and 17x10.5 Halibrand wheels w/ Nitto NT05 tires
    Doug's Mk4 Build Thread - Annapolis, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoran View Post
    That looks awesome! any shots of the back?

Thanks dmoran !
    Still under development, But here is a shot taken Yesterday

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been diligently working on the fine details of this project for the past several months and have not had much to post till today .
    I have been working with a Graphic artist that is known on several forums as IKAROS, IKAROS has given me some great tips and has been working with me to scale my project to fit as a re-body package that will fit on a 2005 to 2014 Mustang Convertible. IKAROS has done some overly work to scale out the doors to be the exact size and location as on the mustang. He also made changes to the windshield pillars and top post so that the OEM mustang windshield is kept intact. The rear section of the car has been lengthen slightly to allow the OEM trunk opening and seals to be used . I will post a few pictures so you can look closely to see the changes. Let me know what you think of the project overall !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast