BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2002 mustang gt axle

Post Thanks / Like

2002 mustang gt axle

How much of a pain is it to use the wider 2002 axle on the 33 hot rod with no fenders. I found one close to where I live for $250.00 that is in good shape (64,000) and has a locker and 3.27 gears. I know ideally I need to get a 94-98 but the closest I can find is three hours away with high miles. If I am going to struggle to find and pay more for offset wheels then I will continue to look for the 94 to 98 axle, but if not then I well go for the 2002. I am just looking for opinions and am wondering who might have used the wider axle. I will also keep searching the forums. Any help will be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how wide the 2002 axle is, but I used a 96-98 rear axle that is 61 1/8" hub to hub. I think this is 1 3/4" longer than the 1994 axle which didn't use the anti lock brake sensor ring. My rear wheels have a 24" offset and they seem to work fine, Although I still cut off around an inch and a half off of the fender to make the fender edge line up with the tire edge. Tires are 275-35R-18 and couldn't be much taller or they would rub at the specified ride height.
    Bill
    '33HR #522, LS3, TKO 500, Boyd's Tank, QA1 Shocks, Double Roll Bars

Post Thanks / Like
    It is wider then the 96 axle. I think it would worth it to skip the 2002 axle and get a earlier one.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have an 02 axle 62.52 also havent bought wheels yet but going with +40 7 in off set and hope it works .did a lot of measuring and it looks like 8.5 inches from the rotor to body 18x10 is 7 inch backspace should work