Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2004 Impreza Donor

Post Thanks / Like

2004 Impreza Donor

I am a few years away from building an 818. My Impreza is not going to make it, and I can not let it sit in the yard. It is a 2004 Impreza Sport. I bought it new, and it is near the end of the road. 220k miles. Complete new exhaust system 2 months ago with new O2 sensor. Drivable. Engine will need rebuild. 2.5L, no turbo. 5 speed automatic. I am in Southern Maine. Any interest? Would rather see it partially reincarnated than crushed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say highly unlikely being naturally aspirated and auto trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the confusion- 5 speed standard.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read more than one opinion from guys on this forum who have built these cars that the naturally aspirated is a great match to the 818 and in some ways preferable to the turbo 2.0

I would be more concerned about the state of corrosion, being a New England car, and having just fought with one myself! Though it can be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    pm me if you are considering an 818 and you want to check one out

you have two close by to look at, mine's a 2.0 turbo and Pete's is a 2.5 NA build
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan,

Thanks, I will definately take you up on the offer when I am headed to your area. For now, I am trying to clear out the driveway. If anyone wants specific parts or the car, let me know?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Used a virtually identical donor for my build and it's been a very smooth, virtually trouble free build. Only took about a month from kit delivery to go-karting, and will probably have a plate on it within 15 weeks of delivery. As others have stated in other threads, the NA has more than ample power and has greatly simplified wiring, cooling, intake, exhaust, etc, etc.

Do some power/weight calcs and compare it to some "fast" OEM cars you've driven.

As an added benefit, there's probably ~40lbs less turbo and plumbing hanging off the rear axle, and you can pick one up for ~$800 instead of ~$2,500 for a WRX.

Would highly recommend a NA as a donor to anyone. It's easy enough to swap a turbo in later if you really must.