Miller Customs

Visit our community sponsor

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Wareaglescott's Coyote build thread - INDEX ADDED TO POST #1

Here is the after. Looks much cleaner:

Scott -

I can't tell you how appreciative I am that you posted this seemingly 'minor' lower rad pipe mount tweak. It's been bothering me ever since I discovered where that metallic rattle sound was coming from while under throttle. My solution was to wrap the pipe with rubber as you did but this solution is way cleaner. Thank you!

Also, the artist's rendition of your roadster is spectacular. Bravo!

RickP

Thanks Rick. Also that credit goes to Straversi. I stole it from his great idea!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottscobra

Ceramic paint protection feedback

A couple months ago I asked about ceramic paint protection products. Got some feed back but not a ton as this is a relatively new concept and has advanced quite rapidly in the last few years. Similar name to ceramic coating of metal pieces but a completely different topic. I went ahead and had it applied to the Cobra and thought I would provide some feedback.

Here is the product I used if you want to read about it. The science is a little beyond me so a basic description is it is a long lasting super protectant that is best to have professionally applied.
    https://opticoat.com/

It was not cheap. I paid $400 for a paint correction process to remove any swirls or imperfections and then an additional $800 for the opti coat application. The detailer I used does a lot of high end cars and this is his product of choice. There are certainly others on the market. They have a couple different products. The one I got has a 5 year guarantee. Based on the fact that my car never sits out or is driven in weather and is always garaged he basically told me to expect it to last forever. I asked why the 5 year statement then and he said the manufacturer just says that to limit their liability.

I have been very impressed with the results. It took the shine to the next level and has stayed that way. I have about 400 miles on the car since the application. Probably 15 or so 30 minute drives. My routine used to be to detail the car almost every time I drove it right after pulling in the garage. With the ceramic coating it is almost like nothing sticks to the car. (that is part of the science part I don't understand). I get out looking to clean the car and there is simply nothing to clean off. The minimal things I do see just wipe away so easily. I think long term I will be very pleased with the coating.

Do want to point out that while this is a good paint protectant and keeps the car looking great and easy to clean it does nothing to protect against rock chips. I still have the clear vinyl protecting the front of the rear wheel arches and front of the car. You can apply the coating overt the clear film if you desire.

Here is a picture after the application. No editing of the photo. That is how shiny it looks now.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17

I've read your thread a few times and always go back to the first paragraph in the first post. The fact that you have never done anything like this before is amazing! Your car looks incredible bro! Can't wait to be in the club!
    Higgy

Quote Originally Posted by HiggyMK4#???? View Post
    I've read your thread a few times and always go back to the first paragraph in the first post. The fact that you have never done anything like this before is amazing! Your car looks incredible bro! Can't wait to be in the club!
    Higgy
    Thank you.
    That is the amazing part about this forum. I had significant help from so many people here. Cant imagine building these things before the forum was around!

Hey we,re all different. I discovered the forum after my build was completed. Didn't have or make time for forums and build blogs. To busy building a dream cat. Then again, Facebook aint my thing either. Hats off to you guys who are computer savy.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthbetold18 View Post
    Hey we,re all different. I discovered the forum after my build was completed. Didn't have or make time for forums and build blogs. To busy building a dream cat. Then again, Facebook aint my thing either. Hats off to you guys who are computer savy.
    Any pictures of the cat? Didn't know you could build those

garage mate

This isn't really Cobra related but since completing the build my "build thread" seems to have involved into my Cobra blog so I will throw this one in because I have made mention of it a few times. Got a new garage mate for the Cobra today. Been dreaming of owning a 911 since I was a teenager. Ordered it from the factory Sept 6 and picked it up today. Really enjoying it!

Nice looking stable there. Both look great.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014.
    Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. #7750 Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. 03 of 20. 2015 crate Coyote, 2015 IRS. Legal 04/18/2017. #8674 Build Thread
    Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Delivered 12/2/2017. #59 Coupe Build Thread

Nice!
    MK4 #9130 , complete kit, arrived 8/10/2017.
    DART SHP 347, EFI, TKO600, IRS
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-Build-Thread

Hubba Hubba! Now that's a sexy shop!!

Not a waxer
    Very nice Scott! I've always been a big 911 fan

Get back to us with your impressions after driving it daily for a while.

Jeff

Scott-

Nice add brother! That's a really sexy 911. I too have admired them for as long as I can remember! Nice color choice inside and out.

+1 on what Jeff said above; would love to hear what you think after logging some miles.

Congratulations on the stable mate!

Regards,

Steve

Couple more pics because I enjoy photos so much. Gotta get both my babies in there!

Can't wait to hear what the wife has in mind for her next purchase. Hold on to your wallet, brother!
    -Steve
    MK IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build

therpmstandard.com

The guys at THERPMSTANDARD.COM came down and did a profile on the Cobra. We had been talking about it for a bit and it just happened my new car showed up the week they were coming so they included that as well. Nice guys trying to get their car site up and running. Please check out the article and watch the youtube.

Article link:
    https://www.therpmstandard.com/fast-...powered-cobra/

Youtube link:
    https://youtu.be/55DJAEJ42gw

Very nice write up Scott. Just have to decide which you want to drive on any given day as they are both comparable in power. Favorite? I’m going to Bob Bondurant racing school in Oct.. Be great to have a fellow forum member there to learn the basics of high performance driving and maybe a license to go have fun on a track some day. Been out and about and these are fun cars. Have about 900 miles on now.
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Cobra Colorist. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017

Quote Originally Posted by RR20AC View Post
    Very nice write up Scott. Just have to decide which you want to drive on any given day as they are both comparable in power. Favorite? Iím going to Bob Bondurant racing school in Oct.. Be great to have a fellow forum member there to learn the basics of high performance driving and maybe a license to go have fun on a track some day. Been out and about and these are fun cars. Have about 900 miles on now.
    Porsche is the practical favorite. I can drive it to the airport and leave it for a few days. Cobra is my favorite for local rides
    Have fun at the race school.

Very Nice....Being an old Fart...what my wife calls me....I have a passion for older porsche's. I currently have an '85 Targa, and a first year Boxster. I recently restored the Boxster and am planning on restoring the 85 later this year.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris @ Forma View Post
    Very Nice....Being an old Fart...what my wife calls me....I have a passion for older porsche's. I currently have an '85 Targa, and a first year Boxster. I recently restored the Boxster and am planning on restoring the 85 later this year.

Chris
    Very cool. I have actually wanted a Porsche way longer than anything else. Am so pleased to finally have one. Would love to check out that 85 Targa if you could message me some pics or put them on the Forma cars instagram!

Hi Scott,

I've spent a lot of the past 4 days reading this thread during breaks before work, lunchtime, after work, in meetings... (don't tell my boss!). This is an awesome build in terms of detail, quality, and component selection.

I have been on the forum for over a year with the full intention of building a FFR 818. I even have the donor sitting in my driveway for the past year. My original plan was to build the 818 first and then after having that experience build the Cobra. The Cobra has been a dream of mine for over 40 years. I even saw an original 289 Cobra sell for $43k CDN at an auction in 1982, but I was too poor to even consider it. After reading all the difficulties the 818 builders are having with bodywork and windows in the coupe, I'm thinking that the Cobra might be easier and more satisfying -- although more costly. To investigate the build issues on the Cobra, I started to look at some build threads. This is where I found your thread.

Thanks to the details you shared, I have a much clearer view and will discuss my change in path with my CFO (aka wife). This may take a year or two to get the money approved, since we just bought a Porsche Macan (love it!!) which emptied the bank savings a bit.

I understand your love for Cobras and Porsches and firmly believe there's a place for both in one's garage.

FYI, I also got ceramic paint coating on my Porsche. I used Modesta, which is superb and very easy to clean for a daily driver.

Thanks for sharing your journey!

Russ
    Last edited by CdnCarNut; 03-29-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of getting the car registered and road legal.

Currently sitting at 4900 miles. Planning on the next oil change at 5000 miles and will give it a pretty thorough once over and service all the grease fittings.
    Really no new issues at all. Love the ease and reliability of the coyote. Starts and goes every time without fail. I have definitely achieved my initial goal of a reliable driver. In fact when I built the car I thought I would be spending a lot more time working on and maintaining it. That has not been the case at all. Currently looking for my next project car so I have something to work on.

Blog Entries
    Scott,

I'm thinking you need to go down the Daytona Path when you do you next build or maybe go old school and build the 33 or possibly the truck.
    Hummm, maybe I'll send you the Go-Dad-Go MK-4 since I'm stuck in a rut and can't find the time to work on it. Hummm?

Steve

Not a waxer
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    ...Currently looking for my next project car so I have something to work on...
    Allow me to make a suggestion; a Modified class autocross car. You're guaranteed to always have something to work on---there is a great amount of truth to the well known statement "There are two types of Mod cars; ones that are broken and ones that are about to break"

Congrats on the milestone!

Should have been more specific I guess. haha
    My next project is a classic 911. Currently looking for one of those. Looking at a 79 this weekend in Pennsylvania that looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    My next project is a classic 911. Looking at a 79 this weekend in Pennsylvania that looks promising.
    Now you're talking! Those Singers!! And this guy https://petrolicious.com/films/kaege...han-a-restomod
    Aerodynamics are for those who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari

FFR33 coupe #997, ordered 2/20/17, delivered 4/15/17, build thread
    Planned: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, GT500 wheels

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819