Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Win an Engine from www.factoryfiveengines.com - It's easy, we promise!

Post Thanks / Like

Win an Engine from www.factoryfiveengines.com - It's easy, we promise!

Hi everyone! BluePrint Engines is proud to announce a new line of Factory Five Spec Powertrain Packages! We worked directly with the crew at Factory Five to spec complete power train packages for their MK4 and ’33 Hot Rod. They designed it, we manufacture it…you get a complete package Engine/Front Drive/Transmission all assembled and delivered to your door! Check out www.FactoryFiveEngines.com and call us today!

Hi Everyone! All of us at BluePrint Engines wanted to think of a way that we could give back to all the forum members and get the word out about our Factory Five Engines so we figured… what a better way to give away what we know best – an engine! So, the rules are simple:

o Eligibility: Anyone! From completed cars, to kits in process or those who’ve yet to purchase a kit…everyone is eligible
    o You must copy/paste our entry form and update the required fields.
    o Winner will be chosen from all submissions during the entirety of the contest.
    o Entries can start today and run will be accepted until 5:00pm CST August 11, 2016 with the winner being announced at noon CST on August 12th, 2016

Now for the goodies! BluePrint Engines is proud to announce our new line of Factory Five spec powertrain packages! We worked directly with the crew at Factory Five to spec complete packages for their MK4 and '33 Hot Rod. They designed it, we manufactured it and you get a complete package that from the front drive all the way to the transmission - assembled and delivered to you door! So we would like you to win one of our new Ford 306ci long block crate engine configurations – or $6995 in BluePrint Bucks (just in case you want a Chevy ) You can check out the 306’s here: http://bit.ly/FactoryFiveEntry

All you need to do is copy the questions into a new reply and post your answers… yep – it’s really that easy!

Photo:
    (Insert Photo of your completed car, or work in progress).

Model
    (What model do you have, are you building, are you looking at?)

Engine
    What engine do you have, are you likely going to buy?

Comments
    Why should we pick you to be the winner?

Its really that simple! Thank you all for having us and we look forward to talking with everyone and checking out all the cool projects you have!
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad they don't offer a spec "challenge series" drivetrain ...
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just used a 347 BluePrint and I am very happy with it in my MK4.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!
    I can smell a 383 SBC FIA in the near future at Camp GoDadGo!
    All we need is to make a jig so we pop the motor mounts in and get that Chevy in the right place.
    No, I'm Not Entering But I'd Be Thrilled If A Veteran Or Police Officer Or Some First Responder Did!

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:

Model
    I have a Mk 3.1 with a 4.6 SOHC. I'm going to build a 33 Hot Rod some day.

Engine
    For the 33 Hot Rod, I want either the 306 or the 347, fuel injected versions.

Comments
    Well, I'm the first person to officially enter the contest, right? Seriously, I'm itching to build another Factory Five car and winning an engine will make it easy to get spousal approval for the kit.

David
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_0805.JPGIMG_0809.JPG

Model
    MK4 I just finished up. I want to build a 33 Hot Rod.

Engine
    BluePrint 347 Stroker. I would love to put a 306 in my 33 kit.

Comments

I really enjoy building FFR kits and have won many shows with them. My BluePrint 347 is by far the best crate engine I have ever installed. Install instructions were very easy to follow. Runs great with super power and drivability. I have used other company's crate engines but not near as good as the Blueprint. Price and value are the 2 best things about BluePrint engines IMO. I would be honored to show off the engine at local cruz-ins and shows.
    Last edited by wallace18; 06-25-2016 at 06:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cobradavid View Post
    Photo:

Model
    I have a Mk 3.1 with a 4.6 SOHC. I'm going to build a 33 Hot Rod some day.

Engine
    For the 33 Hot Rod, I want either the 306 or the 347, fuel injected versions.

Comments
    Well, I'm the first person to officially enter the contest, right? Seriously, I'm itching to build another Factory Five car and winning an engine will make it easy to get spousal approval for the kit.

David
    Thank you for the entry David - we've got you down! Love the color choice by the way - that looks great!

Good luck on the spousal approval We know how sometimes that can be one of the more challenging portions of the build!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    IMG_0805.JPGIMG_0809.JPG

Model
    MK4 I just finished up. I want to build a 33 Hot Rod.

Engine
    BluePrint 347 Stroker. I would love to put a 306 in my 33 kit.

Comments

I really enjoy building FFR kits and have won many shows with them. My BluePrint 347 is by far the best crate engine I have ever installed. Install instructions were very easy to follow. Runs great with super power and drivability. I have used other company's crate engines but not near as good as the Blueprint. Price and value are the 2 best things about BluePrint engines IMO. I would be honored to show off the engine at local cruz-ins and shows.
    Thank you for the entry - and we've got you entered to win!

Also, thank you for the review on your BluePrint 347! We love hearing when people get to enjoy their engine as much as we enjoy building them!

Post Thanks / Like
    This entry will be admittedly different than most.

Photo:

Model
    I own an 818R that is street legal in NY (plate is LOLDOORS), that I mostly use on track. It has a built EJ257/205 in it. Silly little Subaru motor

Engine
    Here's where it gets interesting. If I get an engine, I will swap it into my tow rig- a 1993 F-150 with a 300 straight 6 that leaks a bit of oil. I love the truck dearly (has bilstein suspension, nice new brakes, a great differential, and every towing mod I can think of), but it's SO damn slow. It's my home during track weekends (I sleep on a mattress in the bed of the truck), toy hauler, to-and-from work vehicle, and the one I can always depend on. But it could use a nice V8 Plus, I think the 302 family of V8's (306 of course being its bored out bigger brother) would fit my truck quite well in terms of size and towing duty.

Comments
    So, not the most orthodox use for a motor from you guys. But I figured you guys would think this is fairly cool, even if it's just auxiliary support for my factory five car instead of the drivetrain for it.
    Frank - Build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You made no mention of a Type 65 Coupe but I assume we are included to?

Photo:
    DSCN1687.JPG

Model
    On June 18, 2016, I picked up chassis #721. Over the past week, I have completed inventory and I am getting ready to start some body work and panel fitment! As you can see from the photo I have already install a 302 "mock block" with a set of extra headers I picked up at the open house. I am really looking forward to the build process and the crew from FFR and the various forum members have already been an inspiration and source for helpful information.

Engine
    I have looked at several engine options but decided on a 302 based motor to keep the weight and the size down to avoid any additional footbox or other modifications and to improve handling since this car will see a fair amount of autocross and track time.

Comments
    I spoke with the reps from BluePrint at the open house and they were extremely friendly and provided a lot of good information. I need an engine that provides both performance and reliability and I believe that Blueprint engines are a great choice. I have read many posts about all of the happy customers and of course, if I won it would save me a ton of money! Pick Me...Pick Me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearldrummer7 View Post
    This entry will be admittedly different than most.

Photo:

Model
    I own an 818R that is street legal in NY (plate is LOLDOORS), that I mostly use on track. It has a built EJ257/205 in it. Silly little Subaru motor

Engine
    Here's where it gets interesting. If I get an engine, I will swap it into my tow rig- a 1993 F-150 with a 300 straight 6 that leaks a bit of oil. I love the truck dearly (has bilstein suspension, nice new brakes, a great differential, and every towing mod I can think of), but it's SO damn slow. It's my home during track weekends (I sleep on a mattress in the bed of the truck), toy hauler, to-and-from work vehicle, and the one I can always depend on. But it could use a nice V8 Plus, I think the 302 family of V8's (306 of course being its bored out bigger brother) would fit my truck quite well in terms of size and towing duty.

Comments
    So, not the most orthodox use for a motor from you guys. But I figured you guys would think this is fairly cool, even if it's just auxiliary support for my factory five car instead of the drivetrain for it.
    No judgment here - your entry counts just as much as all the others and we'd be happy to work with you on a good set up for your tow rig!

P.S. Love the plates!! I am a sucker for good personalized license plates. That's one of my favorite things to check out at car shows - so many clever ones out there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ricobrafan View Post
    You made no mention of a Type 65 Coupe but I assume we are included to?

Photo:
    DSCN1687.JPG

Model
    On June 18, 2016, I picked up chassis #721. Over the past week, I have completed inventory and I am getting ready to start some body work and panel fitment! As you can see from the photo I have already install a 302 "mock block" with a set of extra headers I picked up at the open house. I am really looking forward to the build process and the crew from FFR and the various forum members have already been an inspiration and source for helpful information.

Engine
    I have looked at several engine options but decided on a 302 based motor to keep the weight and the size down to avoid any additional footbox or other modifications and to improve handling since this car will see a fair amount of autocross and track time.

Comments
    I spoke with the reps from BluePrint at the open house and they were extremely friendly and provided a lot of good information. I need an engine that provides both performance and reliability and I believe that Blueprint engines are a great choice. I have read many posts about all of the happy customers and of course, if I won it would save me a ton of money! Pick Me...Pick Me!
    Absolutely the Type 65 Coupes are included... we've got you entered!

Glad to hear you made it to the open house - and found some great deals! A few of our team members picked up some things for their upcoming builds as well. What a awesome thing that Factory Five offers that at the same time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:
    5.13.16 2.jpeg

Model
    I currently am working on a MK4 kit that will become my wife's car. But I want to get a 33 Hot Rod for myself next.

Engine
    I have a mild rebuilt 5.0 engine in my MK4, but would like a new 306 engine package and auto trans for a 33 Hot Rod I plan to do next year.

Comments
    I want to build a 33 Hot Rod with a roof and air conditioning that I can take my son to cars shows in, but also drive to work every day. Since we live in Texas, it gets so hot that a roof is necessary. I would love to have a professionally built, no headaches package to just drop in the 33. So far the cost of building a 33 from all new parts has kept the plan on the back burner, but a new engine might just make it happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:
    In my mind's eye, I can see clearly now, the rain is gone, and all obstacles in my way, and a shiny '33 is looking back at me, saying "it's time for me to fly".

Model:
    In my old age I have become almost a complete wuss – there I said it and am proud of it. So as a devote member of the church wussdom, I must build a daily driver ’33 with all the creature comforts - hard top, PS, PB, AC, Kegerator, cool, quiet, pretty mild exhaust so as not to piss off the neighbors and so I can hear myself think on a long road trip, which erroneously assumes I could do so prior to the trip, a killer Motown sound system, magic carpet ride (IRS), barcalounger seats, power windows - a car my wife will really enjoy riding in with me – which will take a major fricking miracle.

Engine:
    A 306 that I barely know is there until I poke at its cage, it growls, and lurches forward with some real attitude bringing a smile to my face – okay, maybe even a **** eating grin.

Comments:
    I'm an old fart who has built cars/engines in the past but can't take on this entire project from soup to nuts at this point in time, even though my wife insists I already have a few too many loose nuts. Guess I'll have to spike my Metamucil with Loc-tite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:
    I pick up my kit 7/9. 2 of my 4 Andy and kali.

Model
    Factory Five MK4 Roadster

Engine
    Going to use a 302 based engine and install a Weiand 174 blower with Fitech fuel injection. Inspired by a photo of Ralph Lauren's 1958 Ferrari Testarossa the car will be Blood Red with no hood scoop or roll bars. Inspiration pic attached.

Comments
    I would love to start the project off right with a new BluePrint Engine from www.FactoryFiveEngines.com. This is going to be a great project for the family and kids are super excited to get started. A shinny new engine will make it even more so

stack
    Last edited by stack; 07-25-2016 at 09:32 AM.
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:

Model
    FFR MK4

Engine
    331 stroker

Comments
    because i have never won anything and i am planning another build
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mcwho; 06-27-2016 at 01:46 PM. Reason: add picture
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:
    dfside.JPG

Model
    818 Street

Engine
    Donor engine from 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
    2.0 L H4 DOHC 16V Turbo

Comments
    No reason to pick me, I don't ever expect to win.
    but you do have to be in it to win it.
    so I keep trying.
    I am a builder and a maker. Its the challenge of doing things that I have never done. The learning is the challenge.
    I am certainly not a car guy, I have never changed my own oil prior to building the 818.
    818S #343 Delivered 5-20-2015
    First Start 10-17-2015
    First Drive 10-17-2017 ( 100 feet back and forth until I can get off driveway)
    First Drive with a non leaking tuned motor 11-12-2015 (wow)
    Passed NJ State constructed inspection 8/30/2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:

Model:
    I actually have two models. FFR2863 and FF HR448.

Engine:
    Both have 306 roller motors.

Comments:
    I built to roadster in 2001 and I sold it for financial reasons. I got things back on track and was able to build a hotrod. I was wanting to do another car, but I missed 2863. I looked up the person who bought it from me and he still had it. I was able to buy it back. He ragged it out a little and left it in a barn with a dirt floor. I haven't torn the engine down, but it is in need of a rebuild. To win the engine for 2863 would be awesome.
    '33 Hotrod #448, HotRod Flat Black, Engine Turned Firewall,
    306, B-Cam, GT40p Heads, High Rise Shelby Intake, Dual Quad Holleys, Four Link 3.27

FFR 2863, Arctic Silver w Blue Stripe, 306, Ported Polished Heads, BG575,
    3-Link, 295/50's on F5 Replica Wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Photo:
    I pick up my kit 7/9. Will update my pic when me and the kiddos pick it up

Model
    Factory Five MK4 Roadster

Engine
    Going to use a 302 based engine and install a Weiand 174 blower with Fitech fuel injection. Inspired by a photo of Ralph Lauren's 1958 Ferrari Testarossa the car will be Blood Red with no hood scoop or roll bars. Inspiration pic attached.

Comments
    I would love to start the project off right with a new BluePrint Engine from www.FactoryFiveEngines.com. This is going to be a great project for the family and kids are super excited to get started. A shinny new engine will make it even more so

stack
    What an awesome idea to pick up your new kit - with the kids! Way to keep the youth involved and get excited about things in our industry - that's awesome!

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just drove my 347 Blueprint engine on the power tour.... ran strong!

I did modify it a little during the build...but could not be happier... would get another one in a heart beat

FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:
    I'm still just a lurker, but I want to build this

HotRodMag_with_Tony_Z.JPG

Model
    33 HR with IRS, Hardtop, and Bike Fenders.

Engine
    I'd love a SBF with between 350-450 HP and Torque, 5 Speed. Been gathering data on all the engine options, and the BluePrint engines have been a finalist for a long time.

Comments
    I've been hanging out with F5 owners and builders for a long time, going to HB meets, talking to a lot of people about it, and dreaming about it since before the HR even came out. I'd love to build a great looking and driving car and showcase the reliability, power, and availability of the great packages by putting a BPE motor in my HR and showing it off every weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:

Model
    Mk 3 Roadster. looking to potentially add a 33 hot rod

Engine
    The roadster is now on it's 2nd incarnation of an engine. Started with a crate 351 from another national builder. Had to replace at 5000 miles due to a cracked block. A shortblock later and it's a 408w. Next one will also be a SBF

Comments
    The two little girls in the picture are growing up and are now young teens. One now has an interest in cars (like her dad) She's already saving her babysitting money for a '67 Impala. Would love to get a project going before she thinks dad is stupid and spend some time building memories with her (the youngest only cares about soccer) before boys take over the mind

I should also mention that I spend a LOT of time on forums, I'd tell everyone how AWESOME Blue Print Engines are, and I'm sure I'd have to tell everyone how awesome my new engine is to everyone I talk to

Thanks for doing this... way above and beyond for a forum sponsor
    Last edited by JoeT; 07-01-2016 at 08:33 PM.
    FFR 3985RD. . .legend lime w/rootbeer stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:

Capture.PNG
    My last projects have been furniture-related, with wrenching reserved for car repairs. My oldest daughter is now asking when we get to build a car (Loves IndyCar) and I want to make sure I spend quality time with her while I can. Guess I could have also posted photos of assorted repairs to my Saab - but I sold it to get something more reliable.

Model:

MK4 w/ IRS - I may have to start with an 818 to build skill and keep costs contained, but I really love the look of the MK4 and sound of a V8.

Engine:

306 w/ Fuel Injection. I know traditionalists like Carbs, but based on my age - It's not something I have experience with.

Comments:

Why me? Starting off with a comped engine will make an MK4 that much more competitive (price-wise) with an 818, making spousal approval that much easier and allowing me to "build memories" with my two girls while I still have a chance. (Not Trying to Steal JoeT's Thunder).

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:

Model
    1st Mk4 to leave Factory Five in March 2010 – Yes, six years building and enjoying every minute

Engine

The plan is to build an EFI Ford 302/306. I have most of the parts waiting for me in the basement.

Comments

I don’t have an engine yet.

The plan was to finish up this spring but I didn’t make it and thus I’ve had to move onto other projects, not of my own choosing, although I realize they are more important than my car - did I just say that? I get to begin the final stage of building in mid August with a few days in once in a while until then. Good timing, right.

Reasons for not finishing earlier:
    • Too many modifications – but I am truly enjoying them, It is all part of the journey
    •  For better or worse, I am detail oriented
    •  I just finished putting the driver’s footbox together for the last time and will finish up the electrical system soon.
    •  After six years I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel
    •  Plan is to have it painted this winter
    •  And DRIVE IT next summer
    •  A strong dependable engine would help me meet this deadline and realize this dream

Added Edit/Comments: I was thinking today, if I were to win, how could I give back and thought if you thought my car was up to your standards it would be fun to work with you at different shows such as the Factory Five Open House next year. In addition, I've been thinking about how to use my car with Veterans or working with At Risk Students at our local school. I am now retired and when this car is done I want to find ways in my life to give back.

George
    Last edited by GWL; 06-28-2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Added Comments

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:
    Mk4.JPG

Model:
    FFR Mk4 Cobra 427 #7399

Engine:
    1996 Mustang SVT DOHC 4.6 L Cobra

Comments:
    The 4.6L donor has 70k miles and is showing its age. A BluePrint Engine's Ford 306ci long block crate engine would actually not only improve the looks and performance of this wonderful car but allow me to have the ultimate total package. I loved the BluePrint Engines booth when I attended the 2016 FFR Open House and only dreamed of getting one of those engines.
    Non Donor FFR#7399 MK4, Ford Cobra SVT 4.6L DOHC, Borg-Warner T45 5-speed, 3-Link, Cobra brakes, Halibrand replica 15" wheels, vintage racing seats, vintage Autometer Cobra gauges, painted ‘69 Corvette Tuxedo Black by Corvette Restorations, Firestone Indy 500 Firehawk Tires –235/60 R15 Front and 295/50 R15 Rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:

Stretching my legs at WGI:

PEJ WGI 2013.jpeg

Model:

FFR Mk3.1 #6911

Engine:
    1987 306 EFI

Comments:

I went with FFR because of the donor option allowing me to live the dream on a budget. The engine is from an '87 donor and is showing it's age. Everyone that builds an FFR has a never ending 'upgrade list'. First on my list was a new engine. I've scouted around and the BluePrint Engine's 306 is on my shortlist. I've been drooling over your carporn for ages. As you can see, I'm still in gel-coat after five years on the road mainly due to college expenses for my two daughters (my build buddies). I'd love to be able to upgrade the engine so that I can turn the Cobra over to them to enjoy for years to come without having to wonder how long the '87 engine would last. Besides, its the perfect time for an engine swap, I don't have to worry about scratching the paint.

Even if I don't win (I don't expect to), thanks for the contest, x2 way beyond a forum sponsor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:

Model
    Currently building the 818C with a future build of a Roadster

Engine
    818C = 2.0l Turbo, future Roadster 347

Comments
    I father got me hooked on Factory five when he built his roadster... I fell in love with their cars instantly, 20 years later, I am building an 818c with my daughter hanging around the garage. Hopefully watching and catching the bug, not just hiding tools. When she is old enough, the 818c will be hers and I will have hopefully already built my roadster, making this family a three generation Factory Five family.

Thank you for offering such a generous prize to this community!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SnyderJD View Post
    Photo:

Model
    Currently building the 818C with a future build of a Roadster

Engine
    818C = 2.0l Turbo, future Roadster 347

Comments
    I father got me hooked on Factory five when he built his roadster... I fell in love with their cars instantly, 20 years later, I am building an 818c with my daughter hanging around the garage. Hopefully watching and catching the bug, not just hiding tools. When she is old enough, the 818c will be hers and I will have hopefully already built my roadster, making this family a three generation Factory Five family.

Thank you for offering such a generous prize to this community!
    Thanks for the entry and love the family pics! What are great way to pass on this awesome hobby to the next generation. Good luck on the contest and the current build - looks like a lot of fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    Photo:
    I'm still just a lurker, but I want to build this

HotRodMag_with_Tony_Z.JPG

Model
    33 HR with IRS, Hardtop, and Bike Fenders.

Engine
    I'd love a SBF with between 350-450 HP and Torque, 5 Speed. Been gathering data on all the engine options, and the BluePrint engines have been a finalist for a long time.

Comments
    I've been hanging out with F5 owners and builders for a long time, going to HB meets, talking to a lot of people about it, and dreaming about it since before the HR even came out. I'd love to build a great looking and driving car and showcase the reliability, power, and availability of the great packages by putting a BPE motor in my HR and showing it off every weekend.
    No worries ... lurker entries count as well What better way to get a project rolling than winning a crate engine! Thanks for the entry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:
    <insert picture of me dreaming here!>

Model
    33 hardtop, IRS, fenderless - as roadrace as possible

Engine
    not yet chosen; considering sbf, sbc or coyote. planning 400-450hp, hopefully dry sumped (my last 383 sbc was dry sumped; loved it)

Comments
    Because I don't have an engine yet, and the dry sump setup a) is very cool b) is very effective when racing c) isn't cheap, but most importantly d) might get you some more publicity

Post Thanks / Like

And a render i did for one of the directions for the final car...

Model: In progress and soon to be on the road 33 (his). Soon there after MK4 (her, story below)

So here's my story. About 2 years ago I found myself with too much time on my hands and a bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket. Not enough to do more then buy stage one of the 33 but enough to get started in the hopes that by the time i get the first stage done id have the cash to move on to the next stage. Step one though selling, my fiancé on the idea... That ended up being easier then i thought.

My master plan started when i took my GF to the Pleasanton Goodguys car show. I needed to sell her on the idea of the car and took her from car to car with only a lukewarm warm reception to any of them. Then we came across a silver 427 ac cobra signed by Carroll Shelby. As we walked up to it her eyes clearly lit up. The owner sitting near by spots this in an instant and takes the opportunity to talk the car up with her. one thing leads to another and very quickly shes in the drivers seat and the owner starts it up. It was love at first roar for her.

We start on the build but soon we hit a snag, i was able to get stage 1 built in a couple months. Now as life would have it things deviate from the plan. While i built i saved for stage 2, but realized during this time my gf was a keeper. We started talking a bit about getting married, and the accompanying ring. Not a cheap one lol. So i tell her ill put the car on hold to budget her ring, and didnt think much beyond that. Not to long after that she tells me she wants to buy the engine and transmission (2015 coyote, t56 magnum) for my bday/xmas gift. After that i knew i wasn't going to let this one go.

Now i tell you that story to get to this point. She was sold on the 33, but in love with the cobra. Iv lost count how many cobra rides shes bummed off of all the local cobra builders around the south bay area. she can never hold back her excitement for them. So it looks like there will soon be his and hers hotrods in the garage, and this time, while she has helped here and there on the 33 she wants to take a big part in the cobra build to a Cobra of her own.

oh and the dog guards the car from cats while i build.

Engine: If the BluePrint bucks can be put towards, a ford 427 im sure it wouldn't be a problem paying the difference. If not i'm sure 306 would make her more then happy.

Thank you for running this contest.
    -Jason, Meng
    My build site : www.ScootinThunder33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:
    DSC_0030.jpg

Picture of when I picked up my car with Dave Smith, my youngest son Brian, and me.

Model:

I am currently building a Factory Five MK IV

Engine:

I had originally planned on installing a 351W based 408 or 427
    Comments:

I am not sure that I stand apart from any of the other worthy folks here; frankly, I think any of the entries would be a great choice! Nevertheless, I will try to explain how and why I am building this awesome car.

Some of you may remember the post when I picked up my car, but I am the guy that is building the Blue Angels tribute car. I have been a fan of the Blue Angels since the first time I saw them fly when I was very young. I have long admired and respected the Blue Angels as the finest flying professionals in the world! I have also been a fan of the Cobra since I was a very young boy, as soon as I was old enough to know what a cool car was! It seemed natural to merge my two ideals of American classics, and the idea of building my Factory Five Roadster into a tribute to the Blue Angels was born. The first time I met Dave Smith I shared my plans with him, and I look forward to the day that I bring the finished car to the Factory Five headquarters for his approval!

I am building my car with my two sons who were both in school at the US Naval Academy when we started building (my alma mater as well), and have both since graduated and are on active duty. I work around their schedules, and due in part to my physical limitations, most productive work happens when they are with me. I have enjoyed being with them in the garage even more than I thought I would. The memories of working on this project will certainly outlast me, which was the plan all along! While I look forward to finishing the build for myriad reasons, I have been enjoying the build process immensely!

DSC_1343.JPG
    A picture of me with my sons Brian and Stephen at Brian's May graduation. I am the short guy on the left.

13312684_589334917895831_2357646698734758784_n.jpg
    A picture of the Blue Angels flying over Navy and Marine Corps Memorial Stadium during Brian's May graduation.

Thank you for your consideration, and I know whoever you choose for this awesome prize will be a great choice. There are some really great folks here, who are building some beautiful machines! You all have a difficult choice to pick just one winner. Thank you again for allowing me to share my plans and enter this great contest.

Regards,

Steve
    Last edited by WIS89; 07-18-2016 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Pictures were all wonky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:
    none yet

Model
    Roadster MK 4, Red with White stripes, SBF, TKO 600 and IRS.

Engine
    SBF a 306 would be great

Comments
    I have the money saved up for the Kit just need time to save for the drivetrain or a little help. Hint Hint

Robert B.
    Pensacola FL

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:
    none of mine yet.... but here is the basic idea
    imagesCA57DSHN.jpg

Model
    Mk4 roadster base kit, British racing green with yellow quarter panel stripes

Engine
    It is currently planned as a donor build from fox body 'stang, so a 302 is the plan.

Comments
    I've dreamed along time about building my own car as I am sure many of the people on this forum has. I've been in the military for the last 18 years, and will be returning from the middle-east for the third time in Augustish. I'm excited to return to my family, and start sourceing the donor car, so that my boys and I can work on it together. The Blue print motors 306 would be an amazing upgrade from a well used foxbody. Thank you for your consideration.

Tom W.
    Clawson, MI
    Last edited by handsometommy; 07-20-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob427 View Post
    Photo:
    none yet

Model
    Roadster MK 4, Red with White stripes, SBF, TKO 600 and IRS.

Engine
    SBF a 306 would be great

Comments
    I have the money saved up for the Kit just need time to save for the drivetrain or a little help. Hint Hint

Robert B.
    Pensacola FL
    I get that "hint, hint" line at home a lot so I know that means listen up Duly noted Robert and thank you for the entry - best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like

engine contest

Photo:
    Picture 3 teenage boys with cheezy grins and giving thumbs up and a cute 10 yr. old redhead daughter. They are the real project...

Model
    Mark 4 on order for delivery in October.

Engine
    We do not have an engine ready, but kit is ordered with mounts for a small block. A 306 would be awesome!

Comments
    Because you would be picking six winners at the same time!
    When my wife and I were in college together we had a dream of building a Cobra replica and took an engine rebuild class together and had a mild 302 waiting for a car to put it in for several years. Well, life, moves, careers and kids happen and we ended up selling the engine and putting the project on the back burner. Fast forward 25 years and the dream is still alive (maybe it is a curse?) and passed on to the kids as well. We are now ready to have a family project that we can use to cement our family together, help us learn a ton together, build self confidence and a huge sense of accomplishment for the kids ( and parents) and end with an amazing car. It is my intent to start with "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey", attend the build school with one or more of the boys and end up with a beautiful, driving car! Having an engine from Blueprint would help us realize our dream sooner and easier ( I have been saving money from a second job separate from the family budget for the Cobra) and gain approval from the "Financial Department" as well. Also, the engine would be a great Silver Anniversary present- my wife an I are celebrating 1/4 of a century of marriage this summer!
    Thank you for offering the engine contest- what a great gesture!
    Thank you as well for your consideration.

Wes B. ( and Indy, Chi, Eli, Annie and Michelle)
    Meridian, Id.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo:
    Sorry - this Lego version is my only build to date...though much like the eventual project, it was a father/son effort.
    Lego Cobra.JPG

Model (Only on paper at this point):
    Factory Five MK IV, Titanium Gray with Racing Metallic Red stripes
    Carbureted 306
    TKO 600 Transmission
    3 Link Rear
    17x9" (Front) and 17x10.5" (Rear) Halibrand Wheels
    Power Steering
    Power Brakes
    Vintage Gauges

Engine:
    Carbureted 306 with Polished Alternator and Power Steering

Comments:
    Since stopping in to visit the staff at Factory Five on a 3300 mile road trip last summer (19 states, DC, 4 Great Lakes and 1 Canadian Province), my son and I are anxious to build a MK IV, and with my wife's approval, I started a dedicated fund for the project.
    Winning the engine would speed up the timeline, hopefully allowing the car to be completed before my son heads off to college in a few years so he could actually drive the car he helped build.

This contest is a great way to help those of us who are just getting started. Thank you, BluePrint Engines!

Brad C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo

Model
    Factory five MK3.1

Engine
    SBF 302, 306 or 347 ( will be happy with either)

Comments
    Well, there is probably more deserving people but I have been building my MK3 for 5 years, it's been a slow going because of work and responsibilities, I work 12 hours everyday and then come home to do house stuff, so my time working on the car is limited, not to mention I got a new GF who has a beautiful 4 year old girl, now I am trying to learn being a father figure to this little girl and that will take some of my time away from the build, so I think I need a pick me up or a incentive to go back to the garage and keep plugging away on the old MK3 maybe take the girl there and start getting interested on cars and getting her little hands dirty, and I think a new SBF blueprint engine would do wonders on that front and on the build overall.
    Last edited by Svtjackal; 07-24-2016 at 07:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PHOTO:
    IMG_1111.JPG

MODEL:
    Factory Five GTM Supercar #370

Engine:
    I bought a brand new LS3 Crate Motor. Engine harness from SMC Performance.

Comments:
    I am planning on building another Factory five car and will need a new motor for it. Winning this would lower the cost for me and help out in a big way. I really enjoyed build my first car and it is the build process that I enjoy the most. Having people walk by the garage and ask, what are you building? I invite them in to have a closer look and are just amazed that I am building my own car.
    Thank you for giving us the opportunity to win a new engine for our builds.
    GTM #370
    Car was completed and I have SOLD my car
    http://edgemansgtm.weebly.com/index.html
    Doing what you like is freedom - liking what you do is happiness
    later,
    Doug

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast