Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: PRICE Check Needed - Considering Sale of This Factory Five Mk 2

Post Thanks / Like

PRICE Check Needed - Considering Sale of This Factory Five Mk 2

Newbie here, please forgive me guys if I'm posting in the wrong spot. I thought General Discussion was a reasonable fit. Hoping based on these limited view (crowded) shots you gents will know just what you're looking at; some may even know the car personally, if so, your discretion is requested.

Build was all first rate, Hilborn injection, exotic burl, etc... This is a 2002 YOM, btw. Zero issues, turn key car.

if there are any questions that can affect value in a big way, by all means, please ask. Just looking for a good idea on low and high range.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

thank you,
    brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow beautiful car. Not sure I would call it a "driver" with that monster motor. No personal experience but have heard those stack intakes can be very fussy. The owner of this car will have to find just the right byer for this one. Like I said great looking car but might not fit everyones taste.
    My opinion, $45 to $65,000
    Mike

3. Thanks CoBri thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That car falls into a very narrow market and will be a tough sell so I'm not as optimistic as Mike. His low end is my high number but I'd be happy to see you prove me wrong!

Jeff

5. Thanks CoBri thanked for this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You just got two very honest answers from two very reputable fellows.

Please let us know what the car brings once it has been sold.

Sing It Kermit:

https://youtu.be/rRZ-IxZ46ng
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-08-2020 at 04:26 PM.

7. Thanks CoBri thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't venture a guess on the price. There's a saying in the used car business that goes something like, "There's an a.. for every seat". The things that, in my opinion, detract from the value or simply narrow the market are the stacks through the hood, interior finishes, and the color. All of these are subjective, but that's my take. On the positive side, that motor is a beast and the car looks to be very well built and maintained.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

9. Thanks CoBri thanked for this post
    Likes GoDadGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other have chimed in and I agree that what one person wants another does not want. My thoughts are just mine and please don’t take them the wrong way. Selling a roadster can be a challenge or can be a breeze, it depends on many factors. Before setting a price ask yourself, do I want/need to sell fairly quickly or do I not care if it sells in the next 6-12 months? If it’s the former, be aggressive on price but with little negotiable room. If it’s the latter, then put your price up and welcome discussion. Everyone can find a buyer out there at the right price.

My take.

Pros:
    Engine
    Paint quality (based on pics)
    Bling

Cons:
    Engine (many love stacks but don’t want to live with them nor have them through the hood)
    Paint scheme (popular choices are blue, red and black for roadsters but there are green lovers!)
    Interior (very fancy but off from originality)
    MKII (most want a MKIV)

Based on the above, I am going to say between $38-45k.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

11. Thanks CoBri thanked for this post
    Likes GoDadGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As is said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the biggest issue is the stacks poking through the hood and as previously mentioned but to a lesser extent, the dash. Having said that, It’s heartbreaking that that car wouldn’t get well north of $40,000. A car like that won’t bring much on these forums and would do much better at a high-end dealership where the customer base is generally less educated on these cars and is drawn more to the bling.
    Last edited by mburger; 06-10-2020 at 05:04 PM.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

13. Thanks CoBri thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another option to consider would be an auction. This is exactly the type of car I'd see doing well at a Barrett-Jackson action. It's definitely a looker, and will draw a lot of attention.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

15. Thanks CoBri thanked for this post
    Likes David Hodgkins liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Shorter Stacks & A New Hood Scoop Might Fetch More Money In The End!

Closing up the hood would be easy with a traditional bolt/rivet on scoop.
    It would likely make the car look a bit more period correct and updated.
    Opening the hood would then surprise folks instead of leaving little to the imagination.

Less May Be Worth More!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-10-2020 at 11:08 AM.

17. Thanks CoBri thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Another option to consider would be an auction. This is exactly the type of car I'd see doing well at a Barrett-Jackson action. It's definitely a looker, and will draw a lot of attention.
    I like this idea. If I were you and went this route I'd probably put new seats in.
    (IMO)

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

19. Thanks CoBri thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks to all for your thoughtful responses. Some excellent food for thought.

Will sort out a strategy and once done I'll update here.

best,
    brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Brian,

Have you tried Bring-A-Trailer?

https://bringatrailer.com/

They sell all sorts of things and some of the prices are pretty strong.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Brian,

Have you tried Bring-A-Trailer?

https://bringatrailer.com/

They sell all sorts of things and some of the prices are pretty strong.

Steve
    I have actually sold a few things on BAT. They have a fairly strict process as to who and what gets to go up on their platform. This one might make the cut. ;-)

No denying they get lots of eyeballs.

thanks,
    brian