Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Leftover parts make me nervous!

Post Thanks / Like

Leftover parts make me nervous!

I'm finishing dressing up the long block Blueprint Engines 306 crate engine that I got from Summit. It's a nice engine and came with a dyno test print out that showed 397 hp max at 6000 rpm and a nice broad torque plateau above 350 ftlbs from 3300 - 5900 rpm.
    I installed an Edelbrock Performer intake manifold with a matching set of Edelbrock manifold gaskets. I followed the assembly instuctions using gasket dope and RTV sealant as instructed. This morning while cleaning off my work bench I saw some small gasket pieces inside the package the set came in. I assumed they were pieces from the cut out openings, but on closer inspection I'm thinking maybe they weren't.
    IMG_0437.JPG
    Does anyone know what these might have been for? Being my first build at this level I am always nervous when I have parts left over.
    Thanks,
    John S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Those are for restricting or closing off the heat riser passages on some manifolds.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Old Guy, thanks for the ID. I'm using an electric choke on my carb so it isn't an issue. To the trash they go!