FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Shifter and Ebrake boots

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Shifter and Ebrake boots

Anyone found a source for a matched set of the shift and ebrake boots? I'm looking for alcantara but all I can find on ebay is fake leather or stuff with BMW logos. The stuff I did find has no dimensions listed and no response from the sellers.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    July 2009 FFCars Picture of the Month
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked these up on eBay from the UK. No dimensions on the listing but at $15 that I paid (looks like a price increase), even with $10 shipping, it was worth a shot. They do other stitching colours, I got black/black.

Very nice leather, perhaps a little thin, but seems well crafted. I don't have them installed yet but the shifter looks like it'll fit the shift ring OK. I have a transmission tunnel top mounted hand brake and it looks like that'll fit fine too. Waiting for when I do my carpeting to install them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Tandy leather and purchased a cowhide that was stamped to resemble snake/lizard skin. Took the leather FFR e-brake cover apart for a pattern, saved the wire. Cut the new leather using the pattern and sewed it back up. Used my wife's sewing machine but had to buy a leather needle. Made up the shifter cover. Used a black leather stain, again from Tandy. Adds a nice detail rather than the rubber boot and drab leather.

DSC00599.jpgDSC00601.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that is uber-cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the finish line one is for Lokar handbrake. I bought a Lokar one and it is too small for the FFR E brake.
    Finally started my build the beginning July. 2015!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe check with Mike Everson to see if he could make a set in your choice of material? I used his boots and they fit well. http://replicaparts.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    Maybe check with Mike Everson to see if he could make a set in your choice of material? I used his boots and they fit well. http://replicaparts.com
    I always go to Mike first, but I'm not seeing an ebrake boot on his website, and his shift boot is made for the standard FFR forward-leaning shifter, not my stubby straight-up mid shifter.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Early MKIV and i believe my ebrake is form lokar, so im thinking the one from ********** should work.

I lost the one that came with the complete kit.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.