Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Two (2) EZ30R engines that need management.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two (2) EZ30R engines that need management.

I never seemed to have enough money to buy a FFR kit so I had to build my own car. It is a replica of a Porsche 917/10 Can Am Car using two Subaru Tribeca EZ30R engines and the Sport Shift Transaxle. The engines are bolted together at the crank shaft with a custom adapter and two flex plates rim to rim for shock absorption. I have the front engine set at top dead center on cylinder 1 and the rear on 6, the next cylinder in the firing order. My plan was to have the computer listen to the front engine and then firing and injection commands would be split to one cylinder in each engine at the same time but on opposite sides for balance and to keep a strain off of the connector. I have mechanical throttle bodies on them now but can switch back to electrical.

I have spent the last 6 years contacting aftermarket computer companies and have gone through 7 electricians but haven't gotten any further than the splicing I did myself. I have now tapped into this site and low and behold, you guys are starting a EZ30 revolution. At the present time the plan is to have the OEM ECU reprogrammed to run either both engines as I have described or I'll need to make a system for each engine but they will need to be controlled by the mechanical throttle or the electrical ones will have to be spliced or another sender tied into the pedal.

I have read that Open Source and RomRaider can reprogram the computer to work outside the Tribeca. I would like to get the car registered for the street in Connecticut and I believe it will need to go through emissions. I do have a very talented tuner here that will do the work when he has the time as I have trouble changing flashlight batteries.

So, what do you guys think of the management direction I'm going? You can see the car in a number of videos I have on YouTube. The first one is below.

Jack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1HyKLC-p1A
    Last edited by JB91710; 08-15-2016 at 08:33 AM.