Short story-
Purchased a 351W with a Ford AOD and torque converter. After researching stall speed selection I am confused.
Typically stall speed selection is a function of a number things, including how the car will be driven (street or track),cam power band, vehicle weight, gearing etc. etc. So here's the issue. My engine and transmission supplier provided a 2200 stall speed based on all the traditional and proper selection methods. A representative of FFR, however, has raised a big Red flag about this stall speed and said it will be difficult to bring the Roadster to a stop at a stop sign or at a traffic light. (YIPES!) This concern is based on his real life experience-"Some builders using AOD transmissions and other auto transmissions raised concerns about proper brake function. It was determined the brakes were fine. All evidence points to the stall speed being too low. The fix on these previous builds was a 3200-3500 stall speed on the torque converter."

So, what to do?
My concern is with a higher stall speed the slippage during normal street driving will raise the trans oil temp and even with a cooler mounted on my radiator I may be slowly killing my transmission.

Thanks to all of you who have sent me tips before on this and other issues. I'm hoping there is someone out there who can help me make the right decision on stall speed.