BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from Kansas City

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Kansas City

Hello everyone I just got A 347 stroker Mark II on July 29th. I can't describe how much fun I am having with this bodaciously fast AC roadster.
    I guess I can't post pictures as of yet so I will describe the car as explained to me when I bought it.
    Vehicle Description
    BODY:
    Factory Five 1965 Shelby AC Cobra. Paint is Ford Grabber Green with Tan racing stripes. Frame has been factory powder-coated, as with most of the suspension components. Buckskin leather interior, Vintage Auto Meter gauges, XM ready, Clarion speakers, Audiovox Cruise Control, Wind Wings, wipers, Walnut steering wheel, sun visors, Chrome single hoop roll bar, hinged hood. Brakes are factory discs on front with cross-drilled rotors, Drum brakes on rear. Ford 8.8 rear with 3.55 gears, Auburn Posi unit, all new bearings, seals, and gaskets. 4 link rear suspension with aluminum coil-overs, Metco aluminum lower control arms, GMS adjustable upper control arms. Front suspension: tubular upper control arms, factory lower control arms, with aluminum coil-overs.

MOTOR:
    347 STROKER!!! Ford 302 block, Eagle 4340 crank, Eagle H beam rods, with Diamond forged racing pistons. All engine internal & external fasteners are ARP. Comp Cams roller camshaft 555/565 lift, 224/232 duration, 3/8 hardened pushrods, Comp Cams roller lifters, Comp Cams Pro Magnum 1.6 roller rockers, ARP 7/16 rocker studs. Roush 200 iron heads, 2.02 intake, 1.60 exhaust. Heads have been cleaned up & polished. Melling H.V. oil pump, Mac Racing 70MM throttle body, BBK 75MM MAF, ATI Balancer, Billet double roller timing chain & gear, Edelbrock Performer RPM upper & lower plenums, 30# Injectors, Ultima Select 3G 130 amp alternator, Moroso 8MM plug wires, 1 3/4" Jet Hot coated headers & side pipes, K & N filter.Over 400 H.P. in a 2000# car.

TRANSMISSION:
    Tremac T5 World Class 5 speed transmission, Ram clutch, pressure plate & throw-out bearing.

TIRES AND WHEELS:
    Cobra Racing powder coated silver wheels. 17 X 9 with Kuhmo 245/45ZR17 tires.

I hope I can learn a lot from everyone on this site. I do have one question. There is an amber light that goes off and on at times. The guy I bought it from said something about fuel mixture ratio. I called the guy who originally built the car in 2004 and he could not remember. I looked through the manual and it talked about gauge placement but as for lights not specific or I missed something. But any way I am privileged to be on the forum and hope to learn much about these cars.

Your Truly Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul
    Welcome to the forum and the Cobra community, sounds like you are enjoying the new (to you) ride.
    I'm building a FF 33 coupe in Shawnee so I'll watch for you around Jo Co. Hope to see your car at the
    wheels and dreams show in Shawnee next month.
    Dale
    7.0L 6pack Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jones I will try to make the meet in September!!