Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Driverside footbox Header Clearance

Post Thanks / Like

Driverside footbox Header Clearance

I've been reviewing some threads trying to address a concern I have with the driver side footbox to header clearance. I'm really close to making contact with the corner of the footbox. What are my options at this point and should I even worry about it until I fit the body? The gap is small enough that I cannot get my index finger in between the two. I have tons of room on the passenger side.

Last edited by RickP; 09-05-2016 at 03:16 PM.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is the normal gap IMO. As long as you insulate the foot box you will be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you sir, I like "normal"

Post Thanks / Like
    I would call that clearance OK, but I have been on the unfortunate side of a header making contact with a steering shaft while on track (not in a FFR car).

If you are really worried about it you can always "massage" the header tube with a hammer or in a vise (if possible) to give you another 1/4" of clearance. won't affect performance in the slightest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ProJoe View Post
    I would call that clearance OK, but I have been on the unfortunate side of a header making contact with a steering shaft while on track (not in a FFR car).

If you are really worried about it you can always "massage" the header tube with a hammer or in a vise (if possible) to give you another 1/4" of clearance. won't affect performance in the slightest.
    I've seen others who have modded the foot box. I'd rather detent the header as you suggest.