FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mass Inspection & MAC

Post Thanks / Like

Mass Inspection & MAC

I have just received my VIN in Mass. Next comes insurance and registry but after that, not sure.
    The two questions for anyone who has traversed the Mass inspection I have are;
    1. Where is the MAC, do you need an appointment and is this inspection done after the car is registered? I have looked on the Mass DOT sites and can't find anything about the MAC.
    2. Should I use a different steering wheel? Currently I have the stock wheel with the air bag still in it. It is not connected to anything but the inspector at the Salvage inspection said that would be an issue. I can get a Factory Five wheel or something else without the bag is that is the best way to get through this inspection.

The VIN assignment is for a 2016 Spec. Const. They said that that is the proper name for the registry and the inspection. I am concerned this means that I will have to pass some sore of 2016 emissions. the motor is from a 2004 WRX and I am using the stock ECU.
    Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palomino View Post
    I have just received my VIN in Mass. Next comes insurance and registry but after that, not sure.
    The two questions for anyone who has traversed the Mass inspection I have are;
    1. Where is the MAC, do you need an appointment and is this inspection done after the car is registered? I have looked on the Mass DOT sites and can't find anything about the MAC.
    2. Should I use a different steering wheel? Currently I have the stock wheel with the air bag still in it. It is not connected to anything but the inspector at the Salvage inspection said that would be an issue. I can get a Factory Five wheel or something else without the bag is that is the best way to get through this inspection.

The VIN assignment is for a 2016 Spec. Const. They said that that is the proper name for the registry and the inspection. I am concerned this means that I will have to pass some sore of 2016 emissions. the motor is from a 2004 WRX and I am using the stock ECU.
    Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Pete
    You are through the worst of it. Your next step is the RMV. I tried to outline all the steps in my posts in the MA registration thread started by Quinny. In it I listed what the RMV, MAC and inspection required of me. Note that this seems to vary between individuals and locations. After the RMV you go to an inspection station which will give you a rejection sticker good for three months, and an invitation to the MAC. Again, the details are on the other thread, but I'm happy to discuss directly if that would help.

No idea about the steering wheel, but my guess is that no one will care.