BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Power steering rack question

Post Thanks / Like

Power steering rack question

I'm just getting started on my build and I'm ready full of questions.
    The manual shows bushings (B), which they sent me. It also shows tube cylinders (C) ,that they did not send.
    But the steering rack seems to come with a variation of these already installed (A).
    Do I ignore/ discard those parts and just install with the pre-fitted bushings and tubes?
    Am I missing something here?

C.
    IMG_7824.jpgIMG_7823.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm assuming that's the Factory Five supplied power steering rack. I haven't use one of those, so take this answer FWIW. Mine came from Breeze when he was still selling them.

Normal practice has been the OE rubber bushings are removed and replaced with the poly bushings you pictured. I'm confident that's correct. Perhaps the reason they didn't send new inner steel bushings is they expect you to use the ones removed from the rack. If they fit, that would make sense.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

3. Thanks ChrisNicholls thanked for this post
    Likes ChrisNicholls liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! Removing them now. Still searching for the steel bushings. Perhaps I overlooked them.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have trouble getting the rack to match up to the brackets in the chassis, (I did) I would recommend the solid offset adjustable bushings from Breeze. Give Mark a call if you have questions.

6. Thanks ChrisNicholls thanked for this post
    Likes ChrisNicholls liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you find your steel sleeves? I’m sitting here scratching my head looking for mine!

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Found them! In Box 1 with the steering shaft and other steering items!