Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "two exciting new offerings" at Sema speculation

Post Thanks / Like

"two exciting new offerings" at Sema speculation

Hi all, i'm sure you already know if you receive emails from FFR but they sent out a message yesterday reading:

"It's SEMA Time!
    It's that time of year when 10 hour days are the minimum, and the entire crew is focused on getting ready for the annual SEMA Show. This year, we have some fun surprises planned, and we are going to be pulling the wraps off of two exciting new offerings that we've been working on for the past year.

For those of you who know me, you know that I have a hard time keeping secrets, BUT this time I've been pretty good and haven't tipped my hand to too many people. The show is a month away, and the surprises will be unveiled on our website at the same time as the show opens.

In the meantime, we'll be working hard building kits as usual and putting the finishing touches on the SEMA cars."

To me, at least, "pulling the wraps off" sounds like a car... and there's TWO! My money would be on a GTM facelift/spyder being one and, since the 818 was just redesigned an entirely new vehicle maybe. (GT40 seriously it's about time lol) But then they do also say that it's been worked on for the past year and a face lift and new car would require an incredibly fast pace. Maybe they're just special editions of cars already in their lineup like the 20th anniversary cars. Idk it's got me wondering.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by David_Ingermann; 10-08-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on now!! I'm working on a donor. I'm gonna be MAD if they release a car I want to build instead of the 818 after I spend $$ on the donor!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing "special editions" of stuff they already have. If they indeed have been only working 1 year on their SEMA show stuff, it would not be enough time to design a new kit. But who is to say really? They could have been working on a new GTM or other for some time now and just have been pushing hard to finish it in the last year to get it out for SEMA. Either way, it's always exciting to know that some new stuff is coming out.....(and yes ...it better not be a GT40 kit....I'll have a GTM up for sale quickly).

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps they are working with Forza to make the GTM and 818 available!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The GTM is as close as they will ever to get a GT40 due to litigation worries.

My guess would be an updated coupe, and/or an update to the 33 hotrod - maybe a 1932 nose, or a 4 seater configuration or a flatbed truck (Ute) option on the 33?

All just wild speculation though - still, it gives us something to do until the unveiling. Of course, it could be a hard top for the 818R?

Martin
    Previous forum name was "Fezzek"

Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw on the facebook page a reference to a "731 HP supercharged Coyote" for the new car. Certainly puts it out of my price range for a first build, so at least there's that! Can't wait to see what Dave has in store for us!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomacncheese View Post
    I just saw on the facebook page a reference to a "731 HP supercharged Coyote" for the new car.
    Based on that;
    Maybe they have a new Ford centric version of the GTM that uses the coyote and the new mustang suspension.
    But;
    I would prefer the other newbie was an awd truggy with a subi powerplant
    Or better yet a 33pick-up or even better a sedan delivery 33
    DB Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That Facebook page is odd. Dave is usually very articulate, but it could be interpreted as two engines in one car he way it is written.

I'm guessing a typo.

Unless it's a new car and a convertible of the new car.

Post Thanks / Like
    As the British say..... al-you-min-eeeee-um.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going with a complete 818 kit using the ecoboost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    The GTM is as close as they will ever to get a GT40 due to litigation worries.
    Shame, I live in hope of getting another one some day..

Post Thanks / Like
    One of them will be a considerably updated Type 65 Coupe with larger doors and a space frame structure.
    FFR Mk3.1 #6720. Carb'd 302. Fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ford power for the GTM?

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
    Shame, I live in hope of getting another one some day..
    If you want one of those, you'll either have to buy a new one, a real (old one), or go another kit car company route.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I personally hope that they would:

1. Update the Type-65 by giving it operational windows.
    2. Bring back the Type-65 Spyder.
    3. Build a Truck and/or Woodie version of the 33 Hot Rod.
    4. Offer an LS option for the Roadster, FIA and Type-65.
    5. Create removable hard top option for the MK-4 & FIA cars.

Man, my list can go on and on, but whatever Dave and the Factory Five Team decide to do, know that it will great!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 10-10-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A 33' pickup with a 60'' bed.
    Telescopes are instruments of hope and faith. Hope that a better, clearer and brighter universe can be observed. Faith that we can bring these discoveries back to our small planet and create positive changes for all of it's inhabitants.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love any 4 seat vehicle, Vicky, Woody, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    If a GT40 is off limits legally, why is Superformance able to manufacture one for so long without trouble?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    If a GT40 is off limits legally, why is Superformance able to manufacture one for so long without trouble?
    Licensing agreement with Shelby American.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read on wikipedia it is not Shelby, but rather a company called Safir Engineering.....they license it to SP. I would think there would be MANY more gt40 sales if FFR made one. Maybe it is an exclusive license? Oh well, it would be nice....I and so many others have wanted on forever and FFR is THE company to do it right and cost effectively. One can hope for the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually inquired about the GT-40 kit sold by Superformance. A rolling kit with no engine or transaxle; assembled and wired already; out the door for $119k. I was like, "Thank you. Have a nice day." I proceeded right to Factory Five to find something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    There are a number of companies building GT40 replicas, RCR, Cav, Pace, ERA, Tornado, Roaring Forties...
    If FFR wanted to, they could.
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    The GTM was originally going to be a GT40...then the lawsuits began and it had to be changed. We will not ever see a GT 40 roll out of Wareham. SEMA will see the introduction of an all new Daytona Coupe.

Jeff

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    The GTM was originally going to be a GT40...then the lawsuits began and it had to be changed. We will not ever see a GT 40 roll out of Wareham. SEMA will see the introduction of an all new Daytona Coupe.

Jeff

With Functional Windows?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of an updated Coupe, especially since I'm nearly ready to buy. I wonder if they'd let me choose between the new and old version if one suited my modification path better than the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to vote for a roadster increased in every dimension by a few percent, so proportions remain right, to fit the big and tall. Maybe, oh maybe, if I wish on a shooting star while throwing a coin into a fountain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post

With Functional Windows?
    I may be mistaken (I hope I am) but I don't recall roll down windows being mentioned as a driver for the new design. Larger doors (to ease access/egress) and the ability to fit a variety of motors were mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    An R version of the type-65
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRSpec72 View Post
    An R version of the type-65
    I always thought of the type-65 was an R version. Better aerodynamics than the roadster. Maybe not as R as it could be (i.e. no roll cage pre-designed/fitted etc).

Either way, I'm sure FFR will have a great booth. Keen to see what they come up with.

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    all this talk of an overhauled type 65 is scary seeing as I'm just about to finish mine... LOL hopefully nothing too major that can't be retrofitted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Ingermann View Post
    all this talk of an overhauled type 65 is scary seeing as I'm just about to finish mine... LOL hopefully nothing too major that can't be retrofitted.
    It's a comprehensive redesign so while I certainly don't know all the details, I would doubt very much that the body (wider doors etc) can be retrofitted.

I know the feeling, since the Mk 4 was released well before I was done with my Mk 3. The key improvement being the more accurate rear body profile (no more "perky butt"). I seem to recall that there were some that fitted a Mk 4 body on an earlier chassis, but unless you're going to have to replace the body anyway e.g. due to a collision, it's going to be a pretty expensive proposition. Once I got over the "new model regret" I'm perfectly happy with my Mk 3 as I am sure you'll be with your current model Type 65.

Post Thanks / Like
    ram_g: Where did you and others hear even some of the details? I feel like I've seen webpage after webpage about the Type 65 since I'm deep in planning but this is really the first I've heard of it. Some super secret section of the forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by q4stix View Post
    ram_g: Where did you and others hear even some of the details? I feel like I've seen webpage after webpage about the Type 65 since I'm deep in planning but this is really the first I've heard of it. Some super secret section of the forum?
    May have inadvertently broken protocol so deleting this for the moment at least.
    Last edited by ram_g; 10-12-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have no source for my information. Pure speculation for the fun of it. Always interesting to get a sense of others would like to see.

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys

Many people know exactly what Factory Five is working on and will be bringing to SEMA. If you have ever been to factory five Dave and crew always take time to show you what is going on and what they have coming up. Please let them share the news with the world and keep any inside info to yourself

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Guys

Many people know exactly what Factory Five is working on and will be bringing to SEMA. If you have ever been to factory five Dave and crew always take time to show you what is going on and what they have coming up. Please let them share the news with the world and keep any inside info to yourself

stack

What he said.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I always thought of the type-65 was an R version. Better aerodynamics than the roadster. Maybe not as R as it could be (i.e. no roll cage pre-designed/fitted etc).

Either way, I'm sure FFR will have a great booth. Keen to see what they come up with.

Martin
    No it takes a lot to make the Type-65 race ready and pass tech inspection, roll cage modifications, entry/exit issues, line of sight issues, etc.
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Guys
    Many people know exactly what Factory Five is working on and will be bringing to SEMA. If you have ever been to factory five Dave and crew always take time to show you what is going on and what they have coming up. Please let them share the news with the world and keep any inside info to yourself stack
    Stack
    Inside info aside, and it's really only that IF Dave asked them not to share it, this kind of thread is very useful. Dave wants to start a buzz, that has happened, further it is a great way to see what people are asking for/want to see as a new product from FF. I don't have a dog in this fight but from my POV no one has revealed any big secret or ruined the buzz.
    Looks like a newer type 65 is coming so what's the other "new" thing, lets hear a wish list.
    DB Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with myjones on this one, although I clearly see both sides.
    Since I've been making plans and started to buy a couple parts, knowing of a big change that would keep me from using any parts would make me concerned.
    Hearing that there could be a new version is exciting, so that makes me all the more interested in the reveal and picking apart the car to see all the changes they made. If people said the coupe was staying the same, I'd personally be a lot less interested in the reveals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast