Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seattle Area InfinityBox Builders

Post Thanks / Like

Seattle Area InfinityBox Builders

Are there any builders out in the Bremerton/Seattle area that used InfinityBox wiring in their roasters?

I'm planning my build right now and I would love to see how you did the install. I would also like to see what you have done different to use some of the capabilities of the wiring system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Are there any builders out in the Bremerton/Seattle area that used InfinityBox wiring in their roasters?

I'm planning my build right now and I would love to see how you did the install. I would also like to see what you have done different to use some of the capabilities of the wiring system.
    What would drive you to use an InfinityBox ????
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Infinity Box
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello MattB,

We'll go through our customer list and see who is in the Pacific Northwest with a system in a Roadster. We have customers all across the country.

CarlEWMS has a great current built thread. He's not in your neighborhood but he has a great install in a Roadster with pictures of where he mounted his cells.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...er-Build/page6

Let us know if you have more questions.
    Jay Harris
    Infinitybox, LLC
    http://infinitybox.com/
    Manufacturers of the INFINITYBOX Intelligent Wiring System

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRSpec72 View Post
    What would drive you to use an InfinityBox ????
    I'm new to the forum and trying to learn from those that have gone before, and actually built cars.

Besides cost what do you see as the cons to this system?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    I'm new to the forum and trying to learn from those that have gone before, and actually built cars.

Besides cost what do you see as the cons to this system?
    So how long will these guys be around to support you ? If you know what you want there are plenty of people that will build you a custom quality harness at much lower cost and you don't have the worry of having to get support from some company that may or may not be around in a few years. I don't have a street cobra, I only have a race cobra so my needs are pretty simple, I assume you have needs that may require larger amp circuits or lots of options but do you need all of what the InfinityBox claims to provide ?

Building the car how you want is what it's all about, so if that what you want go for it, just caution about future support. You might want to check with Howard Robinson as I believe he used a system like this.
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    I see what you are saying. If in 30 years one of the modules dies and they are no longer in business when what. That is definitely something to consider.

I will reach out to Howard Robinson and see what he thinks of his system.

Since I'm enjoying the planning part of my build, I'm not in a rush....

And thanks for the input!

Post Thanks / Like
    Matt,

There are several that have used the InfinityBox system but they post mostly on the other forum.

As Jay has posted I have documented my installlation of the system in my build thread. A couple of comments about support the product (based on my discussions, research and as a contractor to the US Army for vehicles):

1. Modern Daily Drivers use the same kind of system based on an worldwide accepted standard;
    2. They have excellent product support and web based support;
    3. All the components are of the highest quality;
    4. Once you understand how the system is designed and works ... it provides much more flexibility, security and ease of trouble shooting than a standard harness;
    5. Unlike a traditional wiring harness (battery to fuse box to loads) it is a distributed power system where a central computer (MASTERCELL) communicates on a low voltage wire system to front and rear smart fuse boxes (my term) (POWERCELL) which accept power from the battery via 4 MEGA fuses and distributes it to the local loads;
    6. Trouble shooting is much easier than a traditional system;
    7. It allows you to avoid running high current through the temperamental Lucas switches (I have had 2 fail out of the box);

Is it more expensive to purchas than the RF harness that comes with the kit? yes
    Is it appropriate for a roadster? Yes but it has a lot more capabilities than are really required for a roadster

I have energized it multiple times and go carted as well... no failures in the system ... when I am finished I will be posting my lessons learned.

Good Luck on your planning and PM me if you have further questions!
    Mk 4 Roadster
    October 25, 2012 - Kit Arrives
    April 8, 2013 - Build Starts
    August 23, 2015 - Rolling Chassis/Engine & Transmission Installed
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart