Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Project 818 Design Contest Winners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VTX View Post
    Huh? The 1st place winner isn't a 3D render.

That being said, IMHO the 3D renders SHOULD be the winning designs. I'm going to have to echo what some other people said that 2D drawings just give a very false and unrealistic sense of what an actual car will look like. It's too easy to cheat different views to make different angles look good. Not to mention the fact that almost all the 2D drawings, for some reason, tend to make the wheels look HUGE with gaudy looking wheels. I'm not sure why that is, but I hate that look.

I'm not saying the 1st place design is a bad one, but I am reserving judgement until we see an actual 3D render of what the final car will look like because I think at this point that 2D drawing is just too unrealistic to know.

Personally, I still think Mario Morra's design is the best one by far.

I also think the one that won the HP Technology award is really nice looking and I would really like to see some other views.
    Just because it's a side, front or rear view doesn't mean it's a 2D drawing. Do understand what a 3D perspective is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post
    Just because it's a side, front or rear view doesn't mean it's a 2D drawing. Do understand what a 3D perspective is?
    The picture at the top sure looks like a drawing to me and not a 3D render. I use Solidworks for a living, so I am well aware of what 3D perspective is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now your changing your story. I understand perfectly what 3D perspective is. I use Solidworks every day for a living.
    Happy for you, can you draw something by hand (old school) or are you totally depend of software, and I don't think you do know what a 3D perspective is. And no I am not changing my story, you are. enough already!

Post Thanks / Like
    The picture at the top sure looks like a drawing to me and not a 3D render. I use Solidworks for a living, so I am well aware of what 3D perspective is.
    Everyone is referring to these pics. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...818-Submission
    Last edited by Bluewinters21; 06-11-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewinters21 View Post
    Everyone is referring to these pics. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...818-Submission
    Huh, I just get a 404 error.

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh, I just get a 404 error.
    Sorry, my bad. Try again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, my bad. Try again.
    Ok, I see it now. I had no idea we were talking about these. I guess when the first post says 1st place winner with a drawing underneath it I thought it was safe to assume that's what we were talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    At least with eight different concepts in the two pictures submitted,FF5 shouldn't have any trouble coming up with one good design to build.