Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Wow!! FF really dropped the QC Ball here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blwalker105 View Post
    My A-pillars are as far forward and down as possible as the door openings will allow (almost to their forward stops).
    Mines are the exact opposite, as far backwards and up as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by redfogo View Post
    Those gaps are HUGE. Take a look at my pix above (and I was able to reduce even more the passenger's side), are you sure you can't push back any more the fenders? Mines are further back and need to in order to align properly with the side sails, unless your side sails are further fwd than mines.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
    Mines are the exact opposite, as far backwards and up as possible.

Those gaps are HUGE. Take a look at my pix above (and I was able to reduce even more the passenger's side), are you sure you can't push back any more the fenders? Mines are further back and need to in order to align properly with the side sails, unless your side sails are further fwd than mines.
    I do agree I know I can work a small bit more out but by no means will it be good enough. I would be okay with moving my side skirts back to maybe help but honestly the top fits perfect with the door jams and the upper door jam/ side skirt.

Also I'm not sure how everyone else is aligning but I'm aligning the body with the lower front extension arm mounts installed. I can't push the fenders back any further unless I trim the arms. So even if I adjust the skirts I need to trim the arms to even let me stretch the fenders back enough.