Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: INFINITYWIRE wiring guide for 818

Post Thanks / Like

INFINITYWIRE wiring guide for 818

Hi everyone,

Recently, we've had a few calls from customers wiring their 818's with our system. I thought it would be helpful share our 818 Wiring Guide. We have it in the RESOURCES section of our website under INSTALLATION GUIDES. You can also view it by clicking on this link: 818 Guide

We had discussed it and in a blog post earlier this year as well. Click here to see the post: 818 Post

Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help in any way. Thanks!

Dan

2. Likes hronald395 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dan!

Great to have this post, for those who don't have the guide. If I remember you also provide a hard copy of the guide when purchasing the kit.

BTW the kit is awesome! For those like me doing 100% custom, it's a must and there is no equivalent.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been a great tool!
    Last edited by redfogo; 10-28-2016 at 02:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The InfinityBox looks like a very nice product. Seems to be a great way to know your wiring inside and out because you have to hook up everything. I'm still doing my research on wiring and have a few questions. Does the InfinityBox wiring completely eliminate the need for any of the factory wiring? If not, what exactly do you reuse? If using ABS how is that wired, or again, do you use that part of the factory harness? How do you wire up the cruise control? How about power mirrors?

I think each product, Wayne's from VCP, iWire, and InfinityBox all have their strengths.

6. Thanks hronald395 thanked for this post
    Likes hronald395 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a guy here trying to fit the ABS with IBox. Jay @ IBox is looking into it, so no one knows as of now how.

I think for the Subaru you still need some factory wiring, maybe some controllers around the ECU, key, or something else, not sure. But Jay @ IBox can help you. On my build the engine and gearbox are so damn old I could trash all the OEM wiring and go 100% IBox. I only kept a few harnesses cuz they have the right plug, like cluster harness, a couple of sensors harnesses too, but that's it, it's only for the plugs.

The steering columns keeps its wiring and controllers. Wipers, lights, washer, turn signals, horn, all work by just giving ignition source feed to the steering column (of course you need 12v+ on the wiper motors like wiper, washer). I don't know about cruise, I don't use it, but again Jay @ IBox can help you out.

I don't know how the power mirrors are hooked from the factory, but there is good chance you just need to give it 12v+ feed, connect the button's wire (input) to the IBox and once you press the button it will send 12v+ to the mirrors. To make sure, again, Jay @ Ibox.

Tell him you come from Frank with the blue/black 818 VR6 Turbo in Quebec.

All in all, I am SO HAPPY of my IBox. All the rules I can upload to the system and control all I want, it's really cool! Including a pre-set xmins after-run cooling which cools my engine for the number of mins I want when I press the button after shut down.
    Been playing with this system for 2.5 years and it's been flawless 100%. Not even a slight glitch of power or anything else. It's much better than my OEM VW wiring.
    Last edited by David Hodgkins; 08-23-2017 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Took out expletive
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021