Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All-New Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe to Debut at SEMA 2016!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All-New Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe to Debut at SEMA 2016!

At the 2016 SEMA Show, we will be unveiling our all-new Gen 3 Factory Five Daytona Coupe replica. This car has been in development for the past year. Production begins in January 2017. There is not a single piece of steel on the frame, no aluminum panels, and no fiberglass parts that are shared with the Gen 2 car. This is a radically re-designed Coupe. Full details will be posted shortly.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Need the details!!! When can I sign up?!
    FFR Mk3.1 #6720. Carb'd 302. Fun.

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on the web post and it should be up today with full details, close-up photos, frame photos, etc.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lookin' good! See y'all at SEMA!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW Dave! Looks like another impressive development.

So, Factory Five needs to develop a program to help us overcome the objections of our spouses! It would be mutually beneficial to be sure.

I look forward to more details!

Regards,

Steve

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1. Does it have functional windows?
    2. That change alone is enough to make me mortgage the farm for my next project.
    3. Can't wait to see this car in Panama City!

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ^Steve up here about to mortgage out his farm for a second build.. you crack me up!
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Post Thanks / Like

Just my Type

My MkIV build is about 1/3 complete. The final under car exhaust pieces should arrive this weekend, and then I get to play with that and then run brake/fuel lines and start wiring.

My wife Fernanda and I were visiting our daughter in Marion this weekend, so we stopped by Factory Five to check out the cars. We arrived right after closing so we were standing there, hands and faces pressed to the glass as it started to rain.

She turned to me and said, "These look really nice. After you finish the Cobra, what are you going to build next?" Man, I love this woman. I am now leaning heavily toward the Type 65.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, can't wait to see the details!
    Joel "Beef" Heft
    LIFE'S JOURNEY is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shi*, what a ride!"

FFR MK3 #4306, 05 Mustang 4.6L 3V, 5 Speed, IRS, Dual Roll Bars, Power Steering and Power Brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just as I was about to pull the trigger on a EJ207 for a 818 build. I love this car and can't wait to see how much more livable it is day to day.
    FFR Build Status: Reset button hit
    '03 Subaru Impreza eSi RHD...because Japan

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!
    So will this body/frame be "legal" in the classes a type 65 runs in? I hope it has plenty of room for alternate cage configurations. More coyote friendly engine bay? Different front suspension? I have to admit I'm a little more excited about the genIII TYPE 65 than the steel 33. We'll need a really good manual for this build. If you need a tech writer/proof reading builder that knows nothing about putting a Ford in a Ford PM me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetheft View Post
    Wow, can't wait to see the details!
    Well, beyond sharing that she is beautiful, a little over 5'4", red hair, a great person all-around, not really a car person but she makes up for it with equal parts enthusiasm and tolerance, and an awesome cook, I am not sure what details you need ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Man this thing is making me want to start over

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka_Esquire View Post
    Well, beyond sharing that she is beautiful, a little over 5'4", red hair, a great person all-around, not really a car person but she makes up for it with equal parts enthusiasm and tolerance, and an awesome cook, I am not sure what details you need ...
    You know what they say: No Pictures or Video she don't exist
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question what's the weight distribution like on the gen 3 coupe configured just like the #15 car in the pic's?

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was fortunate to see this about a year ago. This car is fantastic! They really did their homework and fixed a ton of small problems the Gen2 had, IMO. See Dave I did keep my mouth shut, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool, nice car gents!
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant wait to see you at SEMA. this will be fun

-Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been itching to build a Coupe for myself for a few years but have been too busy with customer cars to actually scratch it. I think this will change that---anybody want to buy a well sorted Mk3?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, time to get serious about selling #7750. This looks very interesting
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spectacular

Post Thanks / Like
    What he said. /\

Post Thanks / Like
    Roll-up side windows and it would have been perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, the car looks great. Now if only the Canadian dollar exchange rate would go up!

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    I was fortunate to see this about a year ago. This car is fantastic! They really did their homework and fixed a ton of small problems the Gen2 had, IMO. See Dave I did keep my mouth shut, LOL.
    Unlike you Tom, I sort of let the cat out of the bag just slightly a couple of months ago on another thread, when the question was asked what FFR was working on. In my defense, I didn't divulge many details of the new Coupe, and I was one of the first few people to see the '33 Hot Rod while it was still under development years ago, and I kept my promise to not say anything.

From all the details I knew about the 3rd. Gen Coupe, the only thing that's missing is the single side exhaust. I wonder if they decided to keep it a dual unit, or they ran out of time to incorporate it on this new frame. Either way, I'll be helping Henry work on one of the first prototypes when he takes delivery of it in a few weeks. Can't wait!

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if John George is going to build his new racecar out the new gen 3 Coupe.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to be my next build

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing new look to a classic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    I wonder if John George is going to build his new racecar out the new gen 3 Coupe.
    Yes I will build gen3 coupe for racing and it will also be street legal super excited!!!
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Gen3 Type65 Coupe R, Street legal.***
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Challenge Car rolling chassis, Street legal.***
    http://johngeorgeracing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johngeorge View Post
    Yes I will build gen3 coupe for racing and it will also be street legal super excited!!!
    Are you Going to go with one of those 700+ HP coyote motors?
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    Are you Going to go with one of those 700+ HP coyote motors?
    Lol no. NASA ST2 race class limits coupe to 342rwhp without aero, or 333rwhp with aero @ 2600lb.
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Gen3 Type65 Coupe R, Street legal.***
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Challenge Car rolling chassis, Street legal.***
    http://johngeorgeracing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johngeorge View Post
    Lol no. NASA ST2 race class limits coupe to 342rwhp without aero, or 333rwhp with aero @ 2600lb.
    So: With those HP limits you might as well put a Chevy in it
    Duckin and runnin for cover
    Dale 7.0L Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka_Esquire View Post
    I was still chuckling about your reply when I started reading the post by HCP just a few below yours then I thought UH OH this is gonna go sideways
    DB headed to LV today

Post Thanks / Like
    When will the build manual for the new Gen 3 be available? Like to look at it to plan a build in Fall 2017.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The chassis looks like it's ready to race. Is it race legal or require additional reinforcement?

Super nice looking!

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Dave! See you at SEMA again tomorrow.
    Non Donor FFR#7399 MK4, Ford Cobra SVT 4.6L DOHC, Borg-Warner T45 5-speed, 3-Link, Cobra brakes, Halibrand replica 15" wheels, vintage racing seats, vintage Autometer Cobra gauges, painted ‘69 Corvette Tuxedo Black by Corvette Restorations, Firestone Indy 500 Firehawk Tires –235/60 R15 Front and 295/50 R15 Rear

Post Thanks / Like
    http://http://www.factoryfive.com/wh...ry-five-coupe/

My speculation is the engine is moved forward some. There seems to be less dead air in front of the motor to the suspension - but that is also different as the tower is now a triangulated frame.

The 1950's ladder frame with main tubes is gone. Windshield to front suspension struts are significantly larger and that work resembles what the endurance racers were doing to stiffen the front part of the chassis. Are the side frames higher to act as side bars, maybe. Seems the sills are higher compared to the seat bottom in the interior picture.

Certainly renews my interest as it appears many of the small mods we've discussed as part of the improvements might have been taken care of.

Don't sell your Coupe yet, edward, we need side by side pictures of all the changes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tirod View Post
    Don't sell your Coupe yet, edward, we need side by side pictures of all the changes!
    The car I need to sell is a Roadster. #7750. RH in this pic.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been thinking about my next project now that my 818R is on track and starting the sorting process.

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tirod View Post
    http://http://www.factoryfive.com/wh...ry-five-coupe/

My speculation is the engine is moved forward some. There seems to be less dead air in front of the motor to the suspension - but that is also different as the tower is now a triangulated frame.

The 1950's ladder frame with main tubes is gone. Windshield to front suspension struts are significantly larger and that work resembles what the endurance racers were doing to stiffen the front part of the chassis. Are the side frames higher to act as side bars, maybe. Seems the sills are higher compared to the seat bottom in the interior picture.

Certainly renews my interest as it appears many of the small mods we've discussed as part of the improvements might have been taken care of.

Less dead air space? Hmm, looks like it still has room for 2 more cylinders! Engine bays need to be full of motor...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast