Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas Saga

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Excellent thread! Thank you all!

2. Thanks wrp thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to urge caution for all Texas registrants. Texas just revoked my title after three years because I had not obtained a printout of the ASE Technicians certifications and currency from the ASE Organization which is based in Virginia. There were other issues, some discussed earlier in the thread. However, at the end of the day three years after granting the title they have sent me a letter saying the title is revoked and that I must provide the printout of the ASE Technicians certifications. ASE tells me that I can provide the Technician's certification ID and they can provide the printout. However, Texas has lost the VTR-852 I sent in three years ago, as have I. So now I must get the car reinspected and reapply for the title with the new VTR-852 and a printout of the certifications of the master technician ( don't ask me why the certification number is not good enough, without the certs the technician would not have the Master Certification qualification). I would recommend once having the VTR-852 completed and obtaining the printout from Virginia you consider a notarized copy of the entire certification packet to be sent return receipt, or at least certified to the DMV. The State and the ASE organization seem to be trying to force people to use the ASE Blue Seal certified shops. There are few in this area that have decent BBB reviews.

4. Thanks HVACMAN, Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not quite ready yet but have started reading about the process so that I’m prepared when the time comes. I ran across this on the Texas DMV site this morning...

Note: The Assembled and Rebuilt Vehicle Manual has been removed from the TxDMV website and is in the process of being revised.

Hopefully they’re not adding too many hurdles
    33 HotRod #1142
    Started 5-9-19
    Kingwood, Texas

6. Likes HVACMAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael101 View Post
    I’m not quite ready yet but have started reading about the process so that I’m prepared when the time comes. I ran across this on the Texas DMV site this morning...

Note: The Assembled and Rebuilt Vehicle Manual has been removed from the TxDMV website and is in the process of being revised.

Hopefully they’re not adding too many hurdles
    We all know it's usually not good news when government is on the move. I hope to be at that point in the next few months.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    damn - this can't be good news

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully, I say, hopefully it will be an improvement or MAYBE a simplification . In November when I started my process, the officer that did the VIN Verification told me that they have an extremely difficult time getting ALL municipalities to apply the regulations specific to the assemble cars consistently. He went on to say that he had headed a task force to actually visit with other counties within the state to help them with how they interpret and apply the regulations.
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If anyone needs a PDF copy of the TxDot Assembled Vehicle Manual, just DM me and I can email a copy to you.
    I made a habit of saving stuff like this because the TxDot website/servers seem to be ever changing and difficult to repeatedly find forms/manuals/etc.
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

11. Thanks Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for mentioning it Mike!

I thought I had found a copy online but it was the incorrect one. I’ll send you a PM! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TxMike64 View Post
    If anyone needs a PDF copy of the TxDot Assembled Vehicle Manual, just DM me and I can email a copy to you.
    I made a habit of saving stuff like this because the TxDot website/servers seem to be ever changing and difficult to repeatedly find forms/manuals/etc.
    Last edited by Aircontroller; 07-09-2020 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Accuracy
    MK4 Build School - Jan 2020
    Hot Rod Build School - Feb 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Just starting this process now, and came across this: RTB 010-20

Effective June 22, 2020, an applicant must obtain approval on department letterhead from a TxDMV Regional
    Service Center (RSC) prior to applying for title at a county tax assessor-collector office. Before issuing a letter,
    the RSC will confirm the assembled vehicle is eligible for title and the applicant has all required documents to
    apply for title.

Looks like there is a new step in there now, although everything in this thread (so far) seems the same. I'll post if I come across anything else.

Also note that

"Form VTR-852) have been updated to reflect the equipment that must be inspected by a master technician and the certification requirements. Effective June 22, 2020, the attached
    forms with revision dates of June 2020 must be used and prior versions are no longer acceptable.
    "

So I'm downloading new versions just in case..
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircontroller View Post
    Thanks for mentioning it Mike!

I thought I had found a copy online but it was the incorrect one. I’ll send you a PM! Thanks!
    Oh and the link at top of thread works again, so the updated version is here: https://www.txdmv.gov/sites/default/...cle_Manual.pdf
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19

15. Thanks sread thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    James,

Curious what the Texas title and registration shows the 33 registered and titled as?

As of 2020 Florida now states FFR is not a registered manufacturer so they have to be registered as "Assembled from Parts" with the year as the year registered. Previously they could be registered and titled as a 1933 Replica.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa33Build View Post
    James,

Curious what the Texas title and registration shows the 33 registered and titled as?

As of 2020 Florida now states FFR is not a registered manufacturer so they have to be registered as "Assembled from Parts" with the year as the year registered. Previously they could be registered and titled as a 1933 Replica.
    I'm still working through all the paperwork and double-checking everything, but I was thinking it would say 1933 Ford Replica Coupe

But I see that the VTR-852 form says this:

A replica vehicle must display the REPLICA brand with the year and make it resembles and will be titled with the make of ASVE

I'm not sure if I should take that literally since it would become a 1933 ASVE Replica.

A work in progress..
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
    I'm still working through all the paperwork and double-checking everything, but I was thinking it would say 1933 Ford Replica Coupe

A replica vehicle must display the REPLICA brand with the year and make it resembles and will be titled with the make of ASVE

I'm not sure if I should take that literally since it would become a 1933 ASVE Replica.

A work in progress..
    Call Regina in the Collin Registration County office. She and I have worked through nearly 5 years of indecision in Austin. I’ve had three different sets of license plates on my car. Last submission, I sent a complete notarized copy of the entire package to the director of the DOT explaining that his staff was incapable of filing the completed paperwork or even consistently interpreting the sets of documentation needed. He wrote back that he would personally ensure the paperwork was processed and filed. Within the last couple of years they automated a lot of their processes and there was some amount of confusion and a good deal of paperwork was lost. I would personally recommend either having the ASE inspector fill out two originally signed forms or having a notary certify a true copy for your records. It was getting expensive to have to re-certify the car every time Austin changed their mind.
    Last edited by wrp; 02-10-2021 at 09:59 AM.

19. Thanks RoadRacer thanked for this post
    Likes sread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post

A work in progress..
    I, just as recently as yesterday, was dealing with Registration a year after my initial Title & Registration was issued. Nothing too big though...I went through Leezy Palmer @ Classic Auto Title in Southlake, Texas. They do this for a living for antique & bonded registrations...best $500 I spent on the car! Still had a few hiccups, but Austin admitted it was their screw up, just had to submit the Engine BOS. PM if you'd like their number & email or just search on the net. Good luck!

Jamie
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

21. Thanks RoadRacer thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12