BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Many Thanks To All Here!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Many Thanks To All Here!!!

After completeing my car on labor day weekend and running it 500 miles and having only the power steering pulley decide to not stay on the shaft I was delighted to find that was my only issue with the car. Yesterday I got the new pulley in the mail from March N/C and installed it last evening with a much tighter press fit so I think that issue is behind me. This car was a dream from my childhood when I had a Cobra slot car, when the slot car tracks were all over town in the 60's. When I was 17 I had a 57 Chevy Belair with a bored 283 to 292, double hump heads, aluminum intake, Holley 650, Dougs headers, four speed and a 4:56 gear and I thought I was hot stuff as most 17 year olds do. I was siitting at a traffic light and a real Cobra pulls up next to me and with that 427 just pounding the ground next to me I almost peed myself just to see a real Cobra. The light turned green and I didn't even try to run the guy because I was just so thrilled to see a real Cobra, and of course he would have embarrassed me anyway by blowing the paint off my car. So I followed him for about 10 miles and he pulled into a gas station and I pulled in behind him. He got out of his car and walked up to me and said WHAT DO YOU WANT!!! I almost peed myself again and sheepishly told him I just wanted to look at his car. The Cobra gods smiled upon me, the guy got a big grin on his face and said of course. After he showed me everything about it for 15 minutes he asked me if I wanted to go for a ride, I couldn't get the words out fast enough and I was sitting in the passengers seat. He promptly made me pee for a third time when he took me for a ride. I was ready to burn my car after that ride. So here I am today with a car that I love. I sit in my garage several times a week and just look at it, (as I'm sure a lot of you all do as well) just waiting for the next sunny day to drive it. I want to thank everyone on this forum who had some great ideas and wisdom while I was putting this car together. I have said it before, there is a huge amount of talent on this forum and I'm glad I was able to tap into it during my build. tomorrow is Saturday and I have my day planned to go to southern New Jersey to Hudak's Custard stand to get one of their famous foot long hotdogs and a chocolate shake. Happy Motoring my friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great memory, thanks for sharing.
    Mk4 Roadster with BluePrint 347 with Holley EFI and solid axle rear end.
    Build thread
    Body work and paint thread

3. Likes GoDadGo liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hineas View Post
    Great memory, thanks for sharing.
    Double Ditto On That Point!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I'd like to echo the thanks. It hit me going through all the boxes this week that wow this is a big undertaking and I will definitely be turning to this group for help.
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job!
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21
    Paint by Metal Morphous 5/14/22, Legally registered 6/8/22, Graduated 7/20/22
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Complete Kit, Ford 306, Sniper/Dual Sync, T5, Hydraulic clutch

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the story! Your car is definitely one to be proud of. Just remember that first ride and pay it back whenever you have the opportunity. I've given a few folks a ride in mine and some of the reactions when you get on it hard and pound through the gears are priceless!
    Last edited by Papa; 09-17-2021 at 02:39 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know if you need the name of a good urologist
    thanks for sharing !

9. Likes RJD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egchewy79 View Post
    Let me know if you need the name of a good urologist
    thanks for sharing !
    And take spare pair of pants and shorts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Luckily my bladder was only in the sprinkle stage when around that first car and at that time basically a figure of speech. Now being almost 70 the bladder has a mind of it's own but still able to control it when I'm smashing through the gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your story! I had a similar experience. In 1969 I was a freshman at Univ of Utah. I sort of knew what a cobra was and another rich student from a Texas oil family had one at the dorm. You could only buy 3.2 beer in Utah so we decided to drive across the salt flats to Nevada (about 80 miles, 2 lane road back then as the interstate wasn't finished). His was a real 427, lumpity rumpity down town to a stop light, him with a big grin and then he nailed it! got to Nevada, bought 2 six packs of real coors and raced home. It took me until 1998 to get my first FFR roadster and I haven't regretted a moment since.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny how certain memories in your early life can have such an impact in your later life. It's like something in the back of your mind pushing and knawing at you until it becomes a reality.