BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  18
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: #9196 475hp 347 MK4 Roadster Build (Insurance and Plates)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cgundermann View Post
    Looking good; you are really trucking along! You going to wire up your mini-starter directly or still use the remote solenoid? I went back & forth (lots of info/opinions on the forum), but in the end - went with a remote solenoid....which also served as a minibus.

Chris
    I chunked the solenoid. Went from a circuit on my hood fuse box and its a dedicated 20 amp circuit running through the FFR ignition switch. It doesn't pull that much since the mini-starter has its own solenoid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got some stuff done tonight and sat in the car and rowed some gears. All fluids are in the car. I am using 30 weight zinc Amsoil for break-in (second oil change with different oil and filter). AMsoil Synthetic AT trans fluid in the t5z and amsoil in the rear gear. The coolant is Prestone Concentrate (17 a gallon).

Got the gauges in the car using the provided dash from ffr. I hate it and I am going to change it.

Also completed my gas pedal install. I used clean looking fox rubber pads and the FFR pedal. I really like this pedal. The FFR cable kept coming undone so I went to pep boys and bought the LOKAR 36 inch cable and throttle linkage bracket. 100 bucks and done. I must of spent most of the day messing with the crappy FFR throttle cable. Throw it out! I used 4 washers and a bolt to make my cable stop. I also checked it against my FITECH computer. at the stop I am at 100.5% WOT. Very happy with the feel. Its very stiff with the extra springs and will allow me to not blip the throttle unless I hammer it. Much more control.

Last edited by TexasAviator; 03-03-2018 at 02:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by TexasAviator; 03-04-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    May have to check the link ,didn't show on my computer came back with broken link message

Post Thanks / Like
    thx will do

Post Thanks / Like
    does it work now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post

Trapping yourself and all your stuff in the garage on first start is a really bad idea...

Just trying to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike223 View Post
    Trapping yourself and all your stuff in the garage on first start is a really bad idea...

Just trying to help.
    you are good, I felt the risk was very low.

Post Thanks / Like
    TA, Congratulations to you! Always an exciting day when they start and all goes according to plan. Hearing it roar to life....there can be no bad days! Good for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by japollon View Post
    TA, Congratulations to you! Always an exciting day when they start and all goes according to plan. Hearing it roar to life....there can be no bad days! Good for you!
    Thanks, it was a good experience for me but what I didnt show in the video was that I found a few oil seeps at the top of the holes in my valve covers, a water drip from me not tightening the clamps. And a few other areas of attention. No need to worry however because that is what the first start is for. I can now move on to final brake bleed/check, fuel system check, power steering pump install and check, then I can start the go cart phase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Coolant hose and overflow tank setup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking great; congratulations on your first start - I had minor oil, water and even fuel leaks for the first half dozen runs that we're all quickly resolved.

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Chris,

I found that i had oil spitting out of the dipstick due to a blocked PCV valve in the valve cover. Removed the restriction in the new tubing and no more oil leaks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wilwood Brake reservoirs installed.

I used red loctite on the bolts to the footbox. That way they wont back out with vibes.

The fitting that are on the donor brake booster are "Lead-Free Brass Hose Barb Adapter 1/4 in. x 3/8 in. MIP" from home depot. I just screwed them into the rubber grommets on the booster.

Bled the brakes using my writeup that I posted in the Roadster section. I used a shop vac and a small catch can to get the fluid to the corners of the car.

Make sure you secure and resecure all your brake fittings. They all leaked and I really had to get them tight to stop the dripping.

I HAVE POWER BRAKES BABY!

Last edited by TexasAviator; 03-06-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clutch safety switch installed. Its capable of 16 amps and I used it between the starter solenoid mini starter and the key on the FFR key switch. The clutch must be depressed all the way to the floor for the car to start. Love the simplicity and ease of install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to BOB LLOYD and the MRS for this sweet treat.

Snake Bite blanket made from welding mat material for the wife.

20180305_214658 by Brandon Fertig, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Brandon,
    Just curious what your radiator is from after noticing that the cap is on the driver's side.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to BOB LLOYD and the MRS for this sweet treat.

Snake Bite blanket made from welding mat material for the wife.

20180305_214658 by Brandon Fertig, on Flickr
    Now that's a cool idea!

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Hey Brandon,
    Just curious what your radiator is from after noticing that the cap is on the driver's side.

Jeff
    Its an older model aftermarket radiator that came off the fox body that I parted out to fund my build. Its much larger capacity than the afco or ffr radiator and it was free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Free is always good

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Free is always good

Jeff
    happy birthday

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by TexasAviator; 03-07-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats How did it drive?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! Well done. You need to do donuts, outrun the cops and jump a creek, Dukes of Hazzard style if you want a thumbs up on u tube.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps a grumpy neighbor? lol You need to drive it more
    (I am clicking thumb up!)

I am about do to some go carting this weekend, super excited!
    Life is short, so start living it.
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-in-the-garage!
    delivery date: 10/31/2017, first start 2/24/2018, title and registration passed 6/22/2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydster View Post
    Nice!
    Congrats How did it drive?

Jeff
    All systems checked out. Wherever I set the ecu fan twmp on the fitech, the system adequately took care of the cooling range I commanded. I had a pcv block but that is now fixed. No oil leaking past seals. Power brakes are effortless.

The bad is that I need to work on the fuel film setting in the intake. It needs time to learn and configure the fitech. I need time on the computer to work on part throttle tip in.

Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    Congratulations! Well done. You need to do donuts, outrun the cops and jump a creek, Dukes of Hazzard style if you want a thumbs up on u tube.
    -Steve
    I think its a guy trolling my videos and I am a small channel. I notice things quickly. Just some guy being a jerk and I feel like no one wants to see you succeed. Sour people... I was also stressed because I built my own moto and trans and was worried this is where I would find something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by broku518 View Post
    Perhaps a grumpy neighbor? lol You need to drive it more
    (I am clicking thumb up!)

I am about do to some go carting this weekend, super excited!
    My neighbors are not happy. I need to find a place to test and tune in a large parking lot or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Radiator Lower mount pads

Post Thanks / Like
    Sound Deadening the interior. I used Rattle Trap XXX material. Thank you to Bob Lloyd for hooking me up with a roll after we did a dyno run on my engine. This stuff is really good quality.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations On Your 1st & 2nd Go-Kart Drives!

Also, I love the wheels & your battery location is fantastic.

Sorry for the late Congratulations!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Radiator Lower mount pads

Great idea; haven't seen that before...

You are ripping through it! You going to do your own body/paint work?

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cgundermann View Post
    Great idea; haven't seen that before...

You are ripping through it! You going to do your own body/paint work?

Chris
    Thanks, I am not ripping anymore. I had a lot of preparation done to this point and when I executed it, I blew through 2 years of prep in a few months. I am not at a cross roads of finish work. I have my perfect car on paper but I am out of liquid assets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Air Cleaner install. Got this for just over 50 dollars shipped. Very heavy duty feeling for its price. I can also upgrade the filter as I have a large amount of room above the cleaner. I also have a 1 inch spacer that gave me an estimated 10+ horsepower from tuning my intake to volume for a 347. If I have not covered it in past posts, I have to say when I built my motor I made sure I did the research for a perfectly tuned intake volume to the engine displacement. The vic jr (ford performance) intake with a spacer on top give the volume for the pulse to propagate flow for the 347. The center threads that came with the intake didnt work so I went to lowes and bought a stainless steel wing nut and 8 inch rod for the threads on the fitech so that I could get the filter and air cleaner to cinch down and work for my combo. Very cheap fix and cost me like 8 bucks.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, I am not ripping anymore. I had a lot of preparation done to this point and when I executed it, I blew through 2 years of prep in a few months. I am not at a cross roads of finish work. I have my perfect car on paper but I am out of liquid assets.
    Don't Worry About The Delays Because Life Has A Tendancy To Get In The Way!

Most folks, myself included, either have money or time but seldom both at the same time so hang in there.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 04-15-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prewired my 3rd high mount brake like wiring. I am going to use a motorcycle brake light high mounted on the roll bar bolt.

Last edited by TexasAviator; 02-14-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Don't Worry About The Delays Because Life Has A Tendancy To Get In The Way!

Most folks, myself included, either have money or time but seldom both at the same time so hang in there.
    Thanks Steve, I know you have been down a heck of a road in your own life. I am trying to catch up on some smaller project and one of the big projects I took care of was taking my family to Disney World, Orlando. We bought the whole package, meal plan, park hopper, and stayed in the Art of Animation Resort. So that was a big payoff to the family for putting up with my military deployments and car addiction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve, I know you have been down a heck of a road in your own life. I am trying to catch up on some smaller project and one of the big projects I took care of was taking my family to Disney World, Orlando. We bought the whole package, meal plan, park hopper, and stayed in the Art of Animation Resort. So that was a big payoff to the family for putting up with my military deployments and car addiction.
    Hi Brandon,
    What I would give for taking my whole family to Disney. You are lucky fella! I have the opposite problem, and missing my wife everyday.
    My job offers an unlimited vacation policy, so we are traveling quite a bit, it just isn't the same anymore...
    Life is short, so start living it.
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-in-the-garage!
    delivery date: 10/31/2017, first start 2/24/2018, title and registration passed 6/22/2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by broku518 View Post
    Hi Brandon,
    What I would give for taking my whole family to Disney. You are lucky fella! I have the opposite problem, and missing my wife everyday.
    My job offers an unlimited vacation policy, so we are traveling quite a bit, it just isn't the same anymore...
    I can understand that, I came from a very humble beginning. Broken home, grew up in the projects (section 8 type housing) and never went on big vacations. We were content with just getting to see local sights around Pennsylvania when I was a kid. But I was happy. When I had a family, I made an effort to change all that hurt from broken family to living standard. I have worked my whole life to move forward and been blessed to be in a job in the military that pays well and pays travel and flight pay. Its all relative and to me not about the money but the memories and investment into my kids.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trunk is finally buttoned up. There have been quite a few things I wanted to do in this build but once again I just stuck to the plan and did no major trunk mods. I can cut it up and add space later if I need to. But as usual, stay on budget, stay on track so I can drive this thing.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast