Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seats for my MK4

Post Thanks / Like

Seats for my MK4

Hi All,

I'm building a MK4 in Australia and need to buy some after market seats that are compliant with local regulations. I've found 2 main brands, Velo and Cobra Seats.

I've measured up the FFR seat as well as the available space in the cockpit, but given the seat belt mounts and the angle of the rear cockpit wall, I'm not confident that I have the measurements needed from the seat manufacturers to KNOW that their seat will fit.

I don't want to spend lots of $$ until I am sure whatever seats I buy will fit, so would appreciate any experience any of you have with these 2 brands.

Have fun,
    Geoff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Factory Five used offer the Cobra Clubman seat as an option. That will fit pretty easily.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Corbeau A4's fit the car perfectly, are very comfortable even on long rides, and have seat belt openings and slots required for track use by most car clubs. Mine are installed as far back as I could get them and layed back at a 13 degree angle for personal comfort and fit. They are worth a look. Good luck with your search.
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Geoff.
    Where in Australia are you? A few of us in Western Australia have had our cars registered with Kirkey or similar seats with no issues, as well as the factory seats too.
    Tim
    FFR MkIV #7393 - LS3, TR6060, 8.8" - Registered 2015 - Painted 2019
    HSV Clubsport R8
    Kwaka ZX-14R

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for all your suggestions. Will look them up!

@Jethrow - I live in Perth! Were you down at the Cobra event a couple of weekends ago?

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a look at this site. Lots of choices including classic look models that might meet your requirements.

http://cobraseats.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks heaps everyone! Will look at all the above suggestions.

@Jethro - I'm in Perth! Were you at the Cobra event a couple of weeks ago? Some pretty impressive cars out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Geoff.

Yes I was at the event - I had the red FF with the LS3 engine. There were two other FF Mk4's there as well.
    Tim
    FFR MkIV #7393 - LS3, TR6060, 8.8" - Registered 2015 - Painted 2019
    HSV Clubsport R8
    Kwaka ZX-14R

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jethrow, Hopefully meet up at a future event when I'm done. I have a bet with a friend that says I will be finished by July 1st!