Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Colorado build 33 Roadster Emmissions Questions

Post Thanks / Like

Colorado build 33 Roadster Emmissions Questions

I live in Parker and want to build a FFR 33 Hot Rod. My concerns are emission testing and engine choice. Has anybody done this in Colorado. I have yet to get a straight answer from the DMV. Some say the vehicle must meet engine year emission standards (ie. 1967 chevy 350 to 1967 emission level) others say must comply to the year registered. I understand the Vin process and inspection only the emission is a mystery. any advice would be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    That was the old law 7 or 8 years ago. Kit cars are now exempt. When I built a cobra in 2002 I had to have all the emission equipment for the year of the engine and a bi annual inspection. The new 818 it was easy to registrar with any engine. Check out the mile high cobra club web site for information. Your local license office should be able to help. Figure about 2 months to go through the process. PM me for more information on what is required.

Larry

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Guys,

Move to Louisiana where your hot rods and replicas only have to comply with the emission standards of the year that the car is modeled after. No kidding; however, the only exception is you will have install seat belts because they made a provision in the state law requiring all cars have them.

Wishing You The Best Of Luck!

Steve