BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Steve's GTM

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Steve's GTM

Hello all. I have been sitting on the sidelines for years reading about and watching all the builds take place now it is my turn to join in the fun. I got my GTM delivered on Saturday 17 Dec, Jim about froze as he prefers the warm Arizona weather compared to Northern Utah weather. Current plan is for a fairly straight forward build with some extras from individuals such as Shane and Crash, already have some parts from Shane they look good thanks Shane. Also look forward to learning from those who have done this before there have been so many great builds done already I do not want to name names as I am sure I would miss some one and I don't want to do that.

I know no pictures it did not happen so here is #493 in its home.
    18434.jpeg18437.jpeg

2. Likes RR46 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Steve. Our cars match lol. I just got my kit delivered right before December and I'm #491. Look forward to seeing yours as it goes through the build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, Steve! Hope you enjoy your build! Thanks for your business also!!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    T4Twins, thanks I followed your comments and delivery on the FFcars thread. Have you finished your inventory yet?

Thanks Shane, I am sure I will be giving you more business as you already know. Also look forward to any suggestions or comments on my build as it progress along. My progress will probably be slow but steady.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    T4Twins, thanks I followed your comments and delivery on the FFcars thread. Have you finished your inventory yet?

Steve
    Yes everything was there minus a few bolts. As of now that was my biggest goal was to atleast get that done and start fresh after the holidays. Heading to the shop right now to go over a few things with the engine and order my Turbos =).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by T4Twins View Post
    Yes everything was there minus a few bolts. As of now that was my biggest goal was to atleast get that done and start fresh after the holidays. Heading to the shop right now to go over a few things with the engine and order my Turbos =).

Lucky you I have a bout a page and a half on back order but no show stoppers. Plan to start working on it late next week plan to enjoy Christmas off from everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Steve...

Remember LOTS of pics. In Hi Res, so you can be in next year's calendar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve. You are not too far from me if you are in northern Utah. I'm just west of Boise. If you get this way let me know.
    Just an old man with a great hobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    Lucky you I have a bout a page and a half on back order but no show stoppers. Plan to start working on it late next week plan to enjoy Christmas off from everything.
    Wow that really sucks they give you any ETA on your stuff? I got really lucky then I know I had 2 parts that was on back order but that was on my donor parts and took then a few weeks to get in. Hope they get it to you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on a nice Christmas present to yourself. Looking forward to the your build log and pictures.
    Michael

GTM 240

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Steve.

Enjoy the ride.

I'm really glad to see some new GTM projects being started up.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my kit delivered right before December and I'm #491.
    I can't believe that only 493 GTMs have been sold. Wow. I really thought that the number was a bit higher.

Enjoy the build, and have fun with it! If I can be of any help, just ask or send a PM.

Take care, and Merry Christmas!

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Steve!
    I think that with my kit the last back order was about 4 months after initial delivery.
    Research, plan and ask questions.
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/

Post Thanks / Like
    I just realized that we are basically 200 kits and 7 years apart...
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/

Post Thanks / Like
    Taz,

Thanks I will try and keep that in mind as I take pictures. Looking forward to seeing this years calendar will let you know when I receive it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Reid View Post
    Steve. You are not too far from me if you are in northern Utah. I'm just west of Boise. If you get this way let me know.
    will keep that in mind Roger, same goes for you if you make it down this way I am just south of Ogden

Wow that really sucks they give you any ETA on your stuff? I got really lucky then I know I had 2 parts that was on back order but that was on my donor parts and took then a few weeks to get in. Hope they get it to you soon.
    Yes well that is the way it goes, no ETA but in no hurry so long as it does not slow me down which I doubt it will. My biggest slow down will be the cold for the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by mlkwd1 View Post
    Congratulations on a nice Christmas present to yourself. Looking forward to the your build log and pictures.
    Thanks it has been a long wait for me (11 years) but now it is my turn. Will try to keep things updated and moving along.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Congrats Steve.

Enjoy the ride.

I'm really glad to see some new GTM projects being started up.

Mike
    Mike, I have enjoyed following your progress with Pandora you have stuck with it and been persistent with what/how you want it, it is beautiful and I will be happy to see you get it out on the road and enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser D View Post
    I just realized that we are basically 200 kits and 7 years apart...
    Thanks, and yes that is sometime between for the number of kits but that is one of the things that I like about it. Can't just walk in and get one so no worries about seeing two or three like but different ever so slightly every day when you take it out.

Again thanks all for the comments and well wishes I have always enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and am glad to become a part of it.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Steve! I just got mine delivered a few weeks ago, number 495. I also had a page of back ordered items, one of which was the steering rack! I'm told it will be about a month before I get it. I've been working on marking and drilling the panels in the mean time. Enjoy your car!
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith1 View Post
    Congrats Steve! I just got mine delivered a few weeks ago, number 495. I also had a page of back ordered items, one of which was the steering rack! I'm told it will be about a month before I get it. I've been working on marking and drilling the panels in the mean time. Enjoy your car!
    Keith
    Thanks Keith, You sound like you are ahead of me but I am in no hurry at this point. Took off for the holiday but back now and spending time in the garage, working on hanging the body from the ceiling as I do not care to put it out side. Keep up the progress posts as it sounds like you are doing a build with all new parts.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Steve. I am about half way on mine, I'm in Layton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrguy View Post
    Congratulations Steve. I am about half way on mine, I'm in Layton.
    Well we will have to get together some time sent you a PM with my phone

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome SteveE, welcome to the roller coaster ride that is the build process. I'm almost to the go cart stage and its been the most frustrating and rewarding thing at the same time! but oh man, the first time i heard that LS3 fire up knowing I did it all..... it was worth it. I think the best thing you have going for you is no time line. I don't either so it keeps me from getting inpatient and making costly mistakes ..... or should I say even more costly mistakes lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker298 View Post
    welcome SteveE, welcome to the roller coaster ride that is the build process. I'm almost to the go cart stage and its been the most frustrating and rewarding thing at the same time! but oh man, the first time i heard that LS3 fire up knowing I did it all..... it was worth it. I think the best thing you have going for you is no time line. I don't either so it keeps me from getting inpatient and making costly mistakes ..... or should I say even more costly mistakes lol
    Thanks, tucker298. The one thing I have learned is patience is needed in this build as well as making sure it is all planned out with continually looking several steps ahead.

Post Thanks / Like
    0130170447.jpgHere is an update just been working slowly, got most of the aluminum panels for the foot boxes and tunnel all drilled and ready to be riveted in place once I get them coated. Got the A/C set in place and working getting it all set prior to bolting in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Figured I would put this update here trying to keep it all together. Did post the first drive a couple of weeks ago, now its time for the dyno tune results. Stock LS1 from a 1998 C5 after having computer issues ended up meeting a local to my area individual through a mutual friend at work helped me work through it. Ended up replacing the computer with one from an 04 Tahoe do have some videos of the motor running on youtube. So worked through that, the long wait for my Mendeola got that all installed and like I said did the first drive all seems great. Knowing that a dyno was being installed 7 miles from my house versus 40 miles. I worked it in to run it last night spent about 6 hours total programing and adjusting the attached is the last run we did turned 327 horsepower and 332 torque. Hope that you all enjoy, pay attention at the 45 sec mark and you can actually hear the air suck from the intake when he floors the gas. So enjoy the video for proof as well as the pics of the three pull runs that were done.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5mddqt2kjU
    Dyno Pic 01.JPGDyno Pic 02.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the Body on this last weekend now just need to get it all aligned. Plan to spend this weekend getting everything lined up as close as possible.
    Body 1.jpgBody 2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I know I have not kept this up to date with where I am at, life seems to go buy so fast. So I got the GTM to the point that I could drive it about mid July and have been having fun doing that. Now its time to get back to work on it so that hopefully I will be completed next summer. Here are a few pics to bring it up to date.20190711-F-EI321-0279_JPG[1].jpgDSCN1024.jpgDSCN1025.jpgDSCN1026.jpgDSCN1028.jpgIMG955458.jpg
    Last edited by SteveE; 09-08-2019 at 10:40 PM.

28. Likes Jkviper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm envious that you are out and enjoying the car... It looks pretty darn good already! How's the interior coming along?
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    I'm envious that you are out and enjoying the car... It looks pretty darn good already! How's the interior coming along?
    Thanks beeman, well i am envious of your skills and how you are customizing things on your build keep it up. I enjoy following your progress. The interior is coming along nothing fancy pretty much standard, a few issues to work out on the fit of some of the parts.

Thanks again.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great, know what you mean about time just going by, it has been almost 10 years for me. congrats.

Mostafa

Post Thanks / Like

Progress towards Paint

Well after spending time driving it I have gotten it back a part to finish up, got it all primed last week finally. Now its back to sanding

Primed 7 Mar 21 1.jpgPrimed 7 Mar 21 2.jpg

33. Likes RR46 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The red gelcoat and gray wheel color combo actually looked great together. Carbon mirrors would add nicely.
    File_009.jpeg

Sure whatever you choose next will be really nice too. Prep looks super. One day, 10 years from now maybe I might follow suite and remove the body again.
    Restored GTM #82 w help of friends. Now cruising, tracking, upgrading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome.... Time to have a Block Party

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR46 View Post
    The red gelcoat and gray wheel color combo actually looked great together. Carbon mirrors would add nicely.
    File_009.jpeg

Sure whatever you choose next will be really nice too. Prep looks super. One day, 10 years from now maybe I might follow suite and remove the body again.
    Thanks. Now you got me thinking, the Carbon mirrors would go well with the color (Ruby Red) and black for the hood radiator vents and light buckets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto51 View Post
    Awesome.... Time to have a Block Party

Ron
    Thanks Ron, yes working on that Block Party just waiting on the good weather to come back. Was in the upper 60's last week when I got it primed, now back to the mid 30's but it is on its way.