Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  26

Thread: California SB100 Title and Registration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    @boat737 when you say Obtain Receipts/Invoices for major components what other major compenets are they looking for?

Obtain Receipt/Invoice for Motor
    Obtain Receipt/Invoice for Transmission
    Obtain Receipts/Invoices for major components

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sh1nn3r View Post
    @boat737 when you say Obtain Receipts/Invoices for major components what other major compenets are they looking for?

Obtain Receipt/Invoice for Motor
    Obtain Receipt/Invoice for Transmission
    Obtain Receipts/Invoices for major components
    During the CHP inspection, the inspector/officer wanted all receipts I had. The big one's were engine, transmission, FFR kit, and some misc ones like the stereo and tires (I think.). Basically he just wants to make sure none of the build is from stolen parts. He takes all the serial numbers and (I assume) runs them through some data base to verify none stolen. In my case, I had to get bills of sale from the original buyer for the rear end, transmission, etc. of my FFR build, since I bought it second hand. The whole visit was less than an hour start to finish.

I would assume, since you bought the car complete, that one bill of sale would suffice. But on the other hand, it would probably be better if that bill of sale listed the VIN, engine serial number, transmission serial number, etc.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread