Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: insurence

Post Thanks / Like

insurence

I live in Greer S.C. and am looking for a company that insures our cars.I have a coupe. Anyone w the information of who, would be greatly appreciated.

Vinnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Check with your automobile and homeowners carriers. Some will cover it. Depends on the company and the state. In my case though wasn't an option. Classic car carriers like Hagerty or Grundy could be an option. But for me what they offered was too restrictive or expensive. Some policies only allow driving to/from events, cruises, etc. Not routine daily driving, taking your car to work, etc. If they would even cover at all.

For many of us, forum vendor http://www.midwestclassicins.com/ is what we use. Robbin knows his stuff and is great to work with.
    Last edited by edwardb; 01-07-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used American National Property And Casualty's "Chrome" for collector cars. They offer Agreed Value policies with full features (same as any new car) at greatly discounted rates and options for unlimited mileage. They will even insure your car while it's under construction for the full value of the parts purchased.
    Last edited by Papa; 01-07-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I have State Farm and they had no problem in covering it along with my other cars. Funny story about my first trip to the agent's office. My State Farm agents change about every two years for one reason or another. I had only talked to the new agent's office personnel by phone and had never met any of them. About two weeks after I had coverage initiated, I drove to his office to give them the official VIN number and the agent met me at the door and greeted me by name. I asked how he knew who I was and he replied, "It's not every day we insure a Cobra, it had to be you."
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    State Farm; no mileage or usage limitations, same liability and medical as our daily drivers, $35K agreed value runs me $200 per year (least expensive vehicle to insure in our fleet).

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    State Farm. Agreed value.

Post Thanks / Like
    I shopped ALL around.Cobra Roadster,agreed value,the most coverage at the lowest price. http://www.grundy.com/collector-cars/

Post Thanks / Like
    State farm said they would cover the completed car for me but had many many questions so it made me nervous. USAA offered me coverage while the car was being built (something state farm refused)

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had State Farm auto and home for over 35 years. When I went to insure the Cobra in June last year they would only consider a collector's policy. That policy had many restrictions including driving only to sanctioned events, parades and club activities. The cost was minimal and the agent suggested the restrictions were a mere formality. I didn't accept the policy for fear that if anything happened when I was just enjoying driving the car they would have a basis to deny the claim. It may be that the insuring our cars is left to the discretion of the particular agent; if so, I am truly ticked at my agent. I went with Haggerty with agreed value.
    Mk4 Complete kit #8469: Levy Racing Stage 5 with Inglese stack. TKO 600, 3 link rear suspension. FAST Sportsman with dyno-tune. APE hardtop. Father & Son project, delivered Nov 2014, completed June 2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for necromancing this back from the dead, redline. I too use USAA. I need to call them and insure my build. I'm near 30k in parts at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    Thanks for necromancing this back from the dead, redline. I too use USAA. I need to call them and insure my build. I'm near 30k in parts at the moment.
    @TexasAviator How did you insure through USAA? trying to make sure my "build" is covered as I move cross country. USAA auto wont insure until it's a registered car, Homeowners said they don't cover cars... I am waiting for a call back while they see what they can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't able to get them to work for me either. Still uninsured at the moment.