Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  73

Thread: Making progress on my build...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Making progress on my build...

I really got started on my GTM build a little over a year ago, some planning occurred before that.
    I knew that the FFR kit was a great basis to build into my ideal car. Initially I thought this would be a few tweaks here and there (dropping the nose, shortening overhangs, improving front airflow, improving driver position/forward visibility, etc), but I kept wanting more.
    This build is not meant to be disrespectful to the FFR GTM design. It is a beautiful car. I simply felt that I PERSONALLY wanted something in the spirit of the GTM but with some personal modifications for comfort, aesthetics, and even a couple areas that I feel will improve performance (both driver and vehicle).
    There have been twists and turns and wasted months along the way. I'm at the point where I am sure of the plan and am inching my way towards that goal.
    Still a lot of work left, but it has become more enjoyable now that I am not going in a bunch of different directions and 'spinning my tires' trying to figure out some tough decisions.
    I'm open to advice and criticism. My day to day occupation has nothing to do with cars, machines, or anything of that sort. I did build a FFR roadster prior to the GTM. I have a passion for cars and am self-taught in this arena.

I started simple, removing a few pieces that didn't fit my build plan.

Then I decided the footbox had to be moved, so I cut out the pedal box.

Things got serious when I removed the roll cage

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by beeman; 01-18-2017 at 09:56 PM.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car