So after much deliberation, the culmination of (thankful) feedback & input from many of you & the timeliness of a sale from FFR...I pulled the trigger on the purchase of my 33' FFR Hotrod...aka Star Mobile One (see avatar) on Thursday of this last week. I will pause for a moment here so all the Cowboy jokes can be voiced................Yes, I am a Cowboy faithful, through & through, in good times & bad, for as far back as I can remember, so, at least at this point, my 33' will carry a Cowboys theme. It's already been suggested that I just paint the car silver and put a magnetic star on it, so I can remove it when they lose late in the season (this would be difficult unless I opted for the new steel body, but I understand the jist). And yes it does weaken my heart slightly to know that SM1 will be birthed in the heart of Patriot country! But what can I say, other than good thing they aren't responsible for inflating the tires...& that will be the extent of my dismay.
I am not, nor pretend to be, gear head by nature, but I have always been an admirer of cars (older models rather than newer, but I do love the new technology) & those that had the expertise & knowledge to work on them. I also must admit that left to my own guidance of piecing an entire vehicle together, well let's just say it would not be pretty. However, for the last year I have been on a search to find a hobby. Something that will challenge me, but will also stoke the fire of pride. My wife paraphrases all of this as just "keeping me busy" (she'd prefer I find a hobby that generates money rather than something that sucks every last penny we have away from us), but she still wants me to do something I enjoy in my free time & I have moved forward with her blessing. Her only request was that it be "hardtop" capable and have AC. So I stumbled onto FFR's website one day. Low and behold, not only is there a kit car out there that has a little bit of style, but it comes complete with instructions (I know, some of the instructions are a bit questionable, but believe me, in my case some are better than none). After doing a several months of research...I was hooked!
So I really appreciate (and enjoy) the build threads that so many of you have taken the time to put together. They are a blast to read and it's amazing to see what so many of you have been able to accomplish. It's incredible to see the many variations of the same vehicle that have been done and no two alike. I find myself re-reading them often & finding something new everytime. I am hoping to document my build here as well, if the committment of the build alone isn't too overwhelming for me. I don't know how informational a documented build by someone that doesn't know what they are doing is, but it should at least be fun, maybe even comical at times. SM1 is scheduled to be delivered by Stewart at the end of March to early April. I know we are still a ways off, but I think there is still plenty to do. I am scheduled for build school the first week of March, so I am hoping that will be a good investment and will help me be successful with my build. Until then I have a shop to get ready as I am actually looking at installing a lift, and it gives me lots of time to second guess the choices I've made. As always, I am open to your feedback, input, thoughts, opinions and criticisms (remember, it's easier to be critical than correct). Here's to making it to the other side!

Conceptual pics for Star Mobile 1 Coupe...Sample G Coupe Crop.jpg

Conceptual pic for Star Mobile 1 Roadster...Sample G Roadster Crop.jpg

Future home of SM1...IMG_2767.JPG

Layout for Auto Lift (white tape)...IMG_2768.JPG