FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  114
Likes Likes:  679

Thread: Star Mobile 1 Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only a few things done today and really more just for fit up and prepping for paint. As I have mentioned before, I will be handing Star Mobile One off to the painter to complete the majority of the rest of the work...all body panel fit-up, prepping & painting. So part of what I wanted to start doing is just dry fit some components and locate and install (temporarily) the hardware, in hopes of making it just a bit easier on the final install and to familiarize the painter with what hardware goes where (although Kory is the painter that Bill (WRP) used on his Green 33, so I am pretty confident there shouldn't be too many hiccups. So here are just a few pics of the work from today, again nothing has been installed permanently today or in the correct order for that matter ...

Just a couple additional comments, I did opt for Tim Whittaker's (KVC) bushing package for the Trunk, Hood and the Door Hinges. I believe I have them installed correctly now (the washers that is), but I have an email in to Tim to confirm.

Trunk Hinge...
    IMG_5550.jpg

Door Hinge Bushings (Kootenai Valley Customs)...
    IMG_5547 rot.jpg

The top (2) bolts on the Hinge Brackets are (were) extremely difficult for me to get in place due to the slanted geometry of the Brackets, so I ended up shaving the heads down a bit, so they would clear a little bit better. Only the top (2) required this and even then it was still bit of a challenge (and this was a dry fit, can't imagine trying to install with doors in place, etc).

Hinge Bolt Lengths...
    IMG_5552 rot.jpg

Difference between shaved and non-shaved heads...
    IMG_5554 rot.jpg

Top Hinge Bolts that were difficult to get in...
    IMG_5555.jpg

Driver's Side Hinge & Door Bracket dry fit-up...
    IMG_5560.jpg

IMG_5561.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

Passenger's Side Hinge & Door Bracket dry fit-up...
    IMG_5563.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JOP33; 01-01-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

2. Likes coolair247 liked this post