I have spent the last few evenings cleaning up the "mess" from the upper radiator hose blowing off. I had purchased a set of aftermarket hoses to use for the upper and lowers that, in all honesty, were no different than what FFR supplied with the kit. They were convoluted stainless and still utilized the rubber spacers to adapt to multiple sizes, but they had chrome covers for the clamps, so I opted for them. It looks to me like either I didn't have it tight enough or ultimately it slid out of the rubber spacers. I am going to go back with the same set up, but I have purchased some better quality clamps, that are rounded on the bottom edge and allow for proper torquing around the entire hose instead of just at the worm screw. My intent is to try this one more time with the "dress up" hose and if it fails again I am going to go back with silicone hoses at the proper diameters for the inlet and outlet tubes. It may take me a little time and research to find the preformed hoses and lengths I need, but at that point I think it would be worth it...stay tuned!