BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra Donor Car Or Salvage Restoration

Post Thanks / Like

2001 Ford Mustang Cobra Donor Car Or Salvage Restoration

I am selling my Mustang Cobra as a donor car. Prior to wrecking it on August 30, 2016, I had work done by our local Ford dealer on the following: AC, new radiator fan assembly, independent rear end seal, gas filler neck and seal, new battery, new tires, clutch, pressure plate, rotors and pads all around and a few other items. I have owned the car since brand new in October of 2001 and it was well taken care of. It was my daily driver to work for fifteen years. It was fourteen highway miles each way with zero traffic lights so my original brake pads and rotors lasted 138,000 miles. The 30mph accident was not that bad but the car was totaled mainly because of airbag deployment. I am posting photos as well as video of the engine running. The car could be rebuilt but I am listing as a donor car because of the damage to the right front end and under carriage. I will be updating the ad periodically and I have receipts, original paperwork from sale as well as the window sticker. I took care of this car and while I did drive it this car was never abused or raced. Oil changes were every 3,000 miles for fifteen years. The engine was replaced by Ford at 9,000 miles due to the serpentine belt coming off and overheating in a downpour of Florida rain. The car has 157,00 miles on it.
    Asking $5500 o.b.o. Thank you.
    https://youtu.be/S4BwBL061Ag
    009_09.JPG012_12.JPG013_13.JPGIMG_1266.JPGIMG_1328.JPGIMG_1356.JPGIMG_1357.JPGIMG_1359.JPGIMG_1363.JPGIMG_1376.JPG

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Order A MK-4, FIA or Type-65 So That Your Cobra Can Live Another Day!

My project was born from ashes of a car that I was restoring/resto-modding that went swimming in Hurricane Katrina in August of 2005.
    That 1980 Z/28, which I purchased upon graduation from high school was my semi-daily driver for 25 years and I can't wait to hear it come to life once again.
    The point is you have got a great starting point if you can get the time and money to come together.

That Z/28's Heart & Soul Is In The Car Shown Below:

https://youtu.be/_wnHDNgnNqs
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-31-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Steve,

Sadly, I cannot start another project right now. We have been in a never ending renovation of our home, most of it reluctantly/maintenance. My Wife was also in a tragic automobile accident and spent a month in the hospital. At least I walked away from my crash.

It was a thought but we cannot make the commitment and have to move on.

My cousin had the 1980 Z/28 in black and you both had one killer High School car. I was class of 81' and mine was a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 Super Cobra Jet with a 1966 427 side-oiler medium riser transplanted in it. It was gray primer. Ha! Mechanically, it was perfect, but I was never quite able to afford the paint job I wanted. I really wish I still had that car.

Please share my post if you know anyone that might be interested.

Good luck with your project and I hope to see and hear it here soon!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear about your wife.
    Hopefully, she is on the mend and makes a full recovery.
    I totally get the renovation bit because we had quite a few homes to refurbish after Katrina.
    Good Luck & May God Bless You & Especially Your Wife So That She Makes A Full & Speedy Recovery!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the cobra still for sale?