Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True cost of getting a Coyote set up and running in a MK4?

25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9000-PMCM3

Gen3 Coyote with 6-speed via FP is $17,990

Complete Modern Powertrain Solution for Any Ford!
    NOW AVAILABLE WITH 2018-2019 Mustang GT 5.0L 460 HP Coyote Engine!
    Tremec 6 speed manual transmission
    Complete Engine Controller and Wiring Harness (Control Pack)
    Next generation 5.0L power all in one complete powertrain kit. The crew at Ford Performance have spec'd out a kit to simplify the swap of the newest, most innovative 5.0L Coyote engine into just about any Ford vehicle. The Coyote Power Module teams the Mustang GT 460 horsepower 5.0L Coyote V8 with a state of the art Tremec 6-Speed transmission - and all the electronics and hardware to finish the installation. The engine features advances like Direct and Port Fuel Injection, Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing, and a lightweight plasma transferred wire arc spray aluminum engine block. Coyote Power Module simplifies both the shopping and build experience by kitting up the right parts that are matched to deliver potent performance with civilized drivability. The engine Control Pack is truly plug and play and simplifies conversions to a modern electronically fuel injected V8 high performance engine.

2018-2019 Mustang GT 5.0L Coyote Engine - M-6007-M50C
    460 Horsepower @ 7,000 rpm
    420 lb.-ft. Torque @ 4,600 rpm
    12.0:1 Compression ratio
    Aluminum block
    Boss 302 Alternator Kit – M-8600-M50BALT
    Starter and Starter Index Plate
    Control Pack PCM and installation kit is tunable for power upgrades - M-6017-M50B
    Runs on pump gas
    Steel Quicktime Bellhousing
    Roller Pilot Bearing – M-7600-B
    Tremec 6-Speed Transmission 2.66 1st gear - M-7003-M6266
    Clutch Fork / throw-out bearing
    Clutch Kit M-7560-T46
    Billet flywheel M-6375-G46A
    Installation hardware
    Note: Engine will be fitted with dual mass flywheel installed. Included is billet flywheel, to be installed on engine before installation into vehicle
    Coyote Crate Engine Technical Reference Guide
    Click here for engine exterior dimensions
    Part Type Engine: Complete Engines Warranty Availability Not AvailableUPC Code756122012161Country of OriginMultiple Cntry Mfg. Locations

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toadster View Post
    https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9000-PMCM3

Gen3 Coyote with 6-speed via FP is $17,990

Complete Modern Powertrain Solution for Any Ford!
    NOW AVAILABLE WITH 2018-2019 Mustang GT 5.0L 460 HP Coyote Engine!
    Tremec 6 speed manual transmission
    Complete Engine Controller and Wiring Harness (Control Pack)
    Next generation 5.0L power all in one complete powertrain kit. The crew at Ford Performance have spec'd out a kit to simplify the swap of the newest, most innovative 5.0L Coyote engine into just about any Ford vehicle. The Coyote Power Module teams the Mustang GT 460 horsepower 5.0L Coyote V8 with a state of the art Tremec 6-Speed transmission - and all the electronics and hardware to finish the installation. The engine features advances like Direct and Port Fuel Injection, Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing, and a lightweight plasma transferred wire arc spray aluminum engine block. Coyote Power Module simplifies both the shopping and build experience by kitting up the right parts that are matched to deliver potent performance with civilized drivability. The engine Control Pack is truly plug and play and simplifies conversions to a modern electronically fuel injected V8 high performance engine.

2018-2019 Mustang GT 5.0L Coyote Engine - M-6007-M50C
    460 Horsepower @ 7,000 rpm
    420 lb.-ft. Torque @ 4,600 rpm
    12.0:1 Compression ratio
    Aluminum block
    Boss 302 Alternator Kit – M-8600-M50BALT
    Starter and Starter Index Plate
    Control Pack PCM and installation kit is tunable for power upgrades - M-6017-M50B
    Runs on pump gas
    Steel Quicktime Bellhousing
    Roller Pilot Bearing – M-7600-B
    Tremec 6-Speed Transmission 2.66 1st gear - M-7003-M6266
    Clutch Fork / throw-out bearing
    Clutch Kit M-7560-T46
    Billet flywheel M-6375-G46A
    Installation hardware
    Note: Engine will be fitted with dual mass flywheel installed. Included is billet flywheel, to be installed on engine before installation into vehicle
    Coyote Crate Engine Technical Reference Guide
    Click here for engine exterior dimensions
    Part Type Engine: Complete Engines Warranty Availability Not AvailableUPC Code756122012161Country of OriginMultiple Cntry Mfg. Locations
    Interesting to see they're doing a package now with the Gen 3 Coyote. For our purposes would have to add a low profile pan and hopefully a pickup is now available. Wasn't when I did mine as I described in my Coupe build thread. Then the only thing missing is that awesome Gen 3 Coyote engine cover.

Note the price listed is the retail price from Ford Performance. Looks like street price is around $3K less.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

3. Likes toadster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is pushing me hard to the Coyote side lol!

5. Likes toadster liked this post
    25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Interesting to see they're doing a package now with the Gen 3 Coyote. For our purposes would have to add a low profile pan and hopefully a pickup is now available. Wasn't when I did mine as I described in my Coupe build thread. Then the only thing missing is that awesome Gen 3 Coyote engine cover.

Note the price listed is the retail price from Ford Performance. Looks like street price is around $3K less.
    yep, street price is more reasonable... and WTF was ford thinking when they designed that engine cover

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche325 View Post
    Just to show that I am no Coyote hater, here is what a Coyote does better than a carbureted SBF:

1. Gets better gas mileage.
    2. Is quieter at partial throttle. They get just as loud when they rev up.
    3. Does not need to warm up before you take off or give it some serious gas.
    4. Doesn't smell like gas. (plus or minus depending on just how much of a gear head you are)
    5. Revs higher.
    6. I would also bet that they would generally last longer for a given HP level. But that could be offset by higher rebuild costs. Opinions on this one?

"It starts every time", "has lots of power", "power down low", "power up high", "dependable", aren't Coyote specific. My SBF fits all of those. If we are doing a why it's better list, let's keep it real.

Idles when cold is directly related to how nasty your cam is and if you have a choke that is set correctly. A mild 347 with a choke will start right up and idle. I have 500hp, a nasty cam and no choke. I do usually have to start mine a couple times and work the throttle for several minutes when it is cold. That is actually part of what I wanted in a Cobra. It is louder than I would like, even with Flowmasters. But that idle sound will give you goosebumps.

Coyotes are great engines. My only complaint is that they are physically huge making them harder to work on in a Cobra.
    I concur with all this. The coyote is a good engine choice, bottom line to me is do you want a modern look or old school look? Both will work well in these cars.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12