Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Paint in the Pac NW

Post Thanks / Like

Paint in the Pac NW

I am making, at least in my mind, fairly good progress on my Mark IV build. One of my concerns is where to have the painting done AND what kind of lead time is required. Any of you out there in the Pacific NorthWET that have any recommendations it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

RXBill

Post Thanks / Like
    You might talk to Gary Correia in Corvallis, OR. 541-760-4518 Has done several cars from the northwet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    April, Cgundermann and myself have a car carrier hauling our cars down to Jeff Miller. Will be done there 3 months.
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Powell View Post
    You might talk to Gary Correia in Corvallis, OR. 541-760-4518 Has done several cars from the northwet.
    Agree good guy and painter
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure I follow. Most likely just getting old and feeble. Who is Jeff Miller? A painter? and if so, where is he located. Notice you are from Puyallup which is my old stomping grounds - High School, etc. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RXBill View Post
    I am not sure I follow. Most likely just getting old and feeble. Who is Jeff Miller? A painter? and if so, where is he located. Notice you are from Puyallup which is my old stomping grounds - High School, etc. Thanks
    Jeff Miller lives in Temecula, ca, about 2 hours north of San Diego. He has done several hundred kit cars

Post Thanks / Like
    Any pictures of your cars after Jeff painted them?

Blaine

Quote Originally Posted by RR20AC View Post
    April, Cgundermann and myself have a car carrier hauling our cars down to Jeff Miller. Will be done there 3 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ken Pike - "Street Rod Painter" is in northern California

Jeff Miller - "Da Bat" is in Southern California

Both excellent craftsmen in their field with many (F5) cars to their credit. Both offer street to show paint jobs and body work options. Prices are equal to what and how much you want them to do.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes, here is a pic. Mine is on the road now with about 800 miles and the grey one is almost done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a lot of "get what you pay for" when it comes to painting your FFR. Make sure that whomever you choose has experience with painting FFR's, and that your car isn't his "first rodeo". I second and highly recommend Street Rod Painter (Ken Pike) who is in Yuba City, CA (nice new website at https://streetrodpainter.com/home) and "Batman" aka Jeff Miller aka Miller Customs (old website http://jmillercustoms.com/). Both do great work and will do well by you. Both have painted LOTS of Factory Five's and know what they are doing. Expect to spend between $7,500-$8,000 on the fiberglass finish work and paint with these guys, and expect to be put on a waiting list, but it will be worth it. Yup, they are both a bit of a drive for you, but they know what they are doing. You won't be their first rodeo.

Video

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR20AC View Post
    Yes, here is a pic. Mine is on the road now with about 800 miles and the grey one is almost done.
    They look fantastic!