Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
I don't want to speak for Whitby so check with them but I will tell you how it worked for me. Good idea pre-mounting the lights and stuff. If you send the body down with those items attached they are going to have to remove it all to do the body work and they will be charging you their hourly shop rate to remove and reinstall that stuff. I think it would be your best bet to take it back off and keep those parts at home until you get it back and do the final install.
My apologies if you already know that or have those details worked out with them.
What are they telling you for timeline on getting the body and paint done?
Ah, my apologies for not being complete in my writeup... I have removed , rewrapped, boxed up and shelved all the stuff I installed. I will final install them when I bring it all back. No apologies needed.

Bodywork, paint, mount to the go-kart (which I will take down later)... 6-8 months. Whew. Longer than I thought, should have done all this 3-4 months ago. But gives me plenty of time to finish up the go-kart and maybe work out some kinks. I'm also going to have them install the windshield, drill my wiper and defroster holes, few other details. Jeff offered to finish the car, but I declined. Just letting them do some things I'm not comfortable with or would have a hard time doing by myself.