Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Ducky2009 MK4 Build #9035

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    David - the car looks great! My opinion - no grill, but that's just me. Sorry to hear about the nail in the tire, too.
    Al, I have a friend with a water-jet machine and he is making the grille parts for me. I still have to make the perimeter loop and weld it all together. Was originally going to make it from aluminum, thought I was going to mill the slots where it fits together. He suggested making it from SST and has some extra on hand. He thought it would look better, nice and shinny and it would, but told me I'd have to do the polishing. LOL. Pics to follow, but it will be a while. I'll be in Miami on and off until the middle of Nov. I'm retired but contracted to do some consulting work for an aviation company in Miami, and it happens to be 15 minuted from my 2 year old grandson. Couldn't pass it up.
    Last edited by Ducky2009; 11-14-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035