Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen 3 "Mystique" Coupe Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Still working along, big milestone on Friday, Engine and transmission installed. It was a long hot summer so I worked on a bit of wiring inside of the house, here are some pics

Post Thanks / Like
    More..

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes the good old pool table table!
    Nice progress, always a big one to get the engine installed. Now on to get it running!

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Paul.

Another Coyote in the house. And with A T56 to back it up. Nice touch. Has that been done before in a coupe? Good job and a I like the no nonsense build thread.
    MkIV #7854, Kit picked up September 2012, Coyote/BOSS 302 intake tuned at 488HP, TKO600, Center Force, Moser 8.8, driveshaft safety hoop, Stainless Header 4x1x4 headers, Gas-N-sidepipes, rad shroud, Wilwoods, NO PS/PB, heater/defroster, heated seats, wipers, Herb door panels, Dynamat Extreme sound/heat dampening, premium Rodtop top, Fast Freddie lexan wind screen, Nitto 555R, drop trunk battery, drop trunk storage,

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good! I'm also running a T56 Mag and a Coyote! Great build so far! Love seeing all the progress! Hopefully I will be able to add some updates this weekend. Fingers crossed I'll have the engine in for the first (and hopefully last) time! Great build so far! Subscribed!
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Howard View Post
    HI Paul.

Another Coyote in the house. And with A T56 to back it up. Nice touch. Has that been done before in a coupe? Good job and a I like the no nonsense build thread.
    The Gen3 Coupe when ordered with the that combo it is a bolt in solution. It still takes some planning, I drop in the engine only earlier this year to see where I can mount certain things, I have run my brake and fuel lines and most of my electrical. For instance the Relay /Fuse box for the Coyote is sitting on top of the footbox in some of my pics, that was so I could get the engine and trans in, the box is in it's permanent place bolted to the side of the foot box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we had our first start yesterday, not yet ready for go cart. Here are some pics

8. Likes Straversi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul,

You had a first start and all we get is a lousy picture?

Congrats that's a big one!

John

Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick update, We are in early go-cart stage, went up the street about 3 or 4 houses and turned and backed it in the garage. We was out at Barrett Jackson everyday and we had a little Pre Auction party, I do have some pics I hope to post soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been working on a number of other projects and taking a little breather. I started to get back into the swing of things since the weather has been a bit cooler than normal. A couple weeks ago I was going to move it out of the garage and had no brake pedal, so I push it in and out. I got it up in the air and found I had a leaky brake caliper. Fix that re-bled the brake and I have good pedal now. I also know I was going to need a clutch pedal stop so the slave cylinder would not get pushed too far. Made one out of a Al barstock and appliance foot to make it adjustable. Also installed 1" wheel spacers in the rear that I purchased on Black Friday. We most of the little things done it was time for a drive around the block.

Post Thanks / Like
    Next on the list, passenger seat, finish off the upper hose, need a little rubber pad to keep it from rattling. AC plumbing, tools for that will be here on Monday. Body fitment and the start of body work. Here are some current pics
    Clutch pedal stop- Once I installed it and tested it, I was surprised how short the travel is, car starts clutch works as expected

Some other pics

Shift lever is temporary

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Paul,

Congrats on the first go kart. Are you doing the body work yourself?

John

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW just WOW this is such a great build ....... Great help to all Coupe builders ......Thank you ...
    I really fancy building a 65 Coupe ....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123