Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Has anyone tried vacuum to fill cooling system

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I just filled another 818 yesterday, filled up the first time with the VCP cooling system mod. And you do need to loop the heater hose for proper thermostat operation. This car had the heater hose and oil coolers lines plugged when it came in. I did a full fill and it would keep heating up and i shut it down at 217°. I put the heater loop back in, refilled the system and now it sits at 187°.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    I just filled another 818 yesterday, filled up the first time with the VCP cooling system mod. And you do need to loop the heater hose for proper thermostat operation. This car had the heater hose and oil coolers lines plugged when it came in. I did a full fill and it would keep heating up and i shut it down at 217°. I put the heater loop back in, refilled the system and now it sits at 187°.
    Wayne,
    To qualify things, I bought my 818 from someone partially complete, it's becoming clear that some short cuts were taken in an effort to get the car running and sellable.
    That being said I am woefully ignorant about what you said about the heater hose loop, my engine has the VCP mod done and it is tee'd into a line running into the fill tank on top of the engine. Unfortunately the builder failed to put a clamp on a line running into the bottom of the tank which results in a leak at temperature, that's what started my journey on all this. Is there a thread on the Forum that would educate me? My engine ran hot enough that I heard water boiling after I shut it down to cool, hopefully I didn't damage the engine. After cooling I burped it several time until I got it to cool. Even after burping and filling it would heat up when idling until I revved it up and it would cool down relatively quickly.