Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Boig CoolTubes fitment

Post Thanks / Like

Boig CoolTubes fitment

Anyone running the Boig Cooltubes on a newer version 818. I spoke with Boig and they where helpful and was able to get some of it worked out.

But on the drivers side connection at the bottom of the radiator I just can’t get the fitment right. The pipe hits the frame, does not line up with the radiator well and also hits in the back on the mount where the control arm bolts in. If I let it the way it lays it hits the rack boot pretty badly. Right now I have it suspended with wire ties. See attached

B12F1F2E-99EF-417B-8B17-4C2941267678.jpeg
    73660AA5-91B4-45A9-8181-BC4B39C51AB4.jpeg
    5B692EC5-B7D6-4A7A-8ED5-4FD01B6D4079.jpeg
    Last edited by kcarlasc; 03-10-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry you're still having problems. Is it possible you have the aluminum tube backwards? The hoses are on the correct connections, but the aluminum tube is swapped end for end? I need a better shot of the aluminum tube at the radiator. It needs to show the tube from the hose at the radiator, PAST the first bend on the aluminum tube from the radiator. It would help if I could see that.

For excellant pics of that hose mounted correctly in place,go to Vendors on FFR forum.

-Go to Boig Motorsports ad, 2nd to last Gold supporting vendor. Click on it.

-That'll bring you to the Quietpipes post. Go to the bottom of the post.

-Under Boig Motorsports in bold, click on 2nd line,"view our 818 exhaust and cooling tubes.

-go down to third page, dated 3/21/16, 1:05 pm.

-review 2nd and 7th pictures. They show proper mounting of driver's side radiator cooling tube. Yours SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS. Although these pics are for early 818, the tube you are questioning is the same for early or late cars.

- Hope this corrects the issue.

Regards, Bob Boig

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.. I am sure its something I am missing...wont let me insert the images.. you should be able to see these

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vh90pgdubz..._0152.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wev361ber1..._0151.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/900suxsb3q...mage1.JPG?dl=0
    Last edited by kcarlasc; 03-11-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes the radiator needs to be raised a bit with spacers to keep the lower rad hose from interfering with the steering rack.
    This may also help with the tube binding on the frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    The front tube is backwards. Keep hoses where they are on the radiator, and the FFR supplied side tube, and exchange the aluminum tube end for end.

Flynntuna, thank you.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm.. ok thought I matched it up to what was on the labels when I got them... but will give it a shoot..

Thanks Flynntuna... will look into that as well..

Post Thanks / Like
    100% correct.. this dummy had the pipe backwards. Also had to shim the radiator just a little.

Thanks!!