FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  73
Likes Likes:  563

Thread: Roadracer's #997 build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that the ride height in the manual says 4.5 front, 5 rear, and mine was way higher than that - over 7 both ends. So even though I have no body, I decided to get it closer to final height. Adjusting the rear was easy, although without the body weight I had to adjust all the way to bottom of the shock thread.

At the front though - OMG. I had installed the shock collar just a smidge past touching the coil, but it was enough that I couldn't budge it. I had to remove the shocks completely from the car to adjust. If you're starting out (and have the standard body-down shocks) I recommend that you install the threaded collar so it's not touching the spring when unloaded! That way you can jack up and adjust when weight removed. Removing the front shocks with the engine in and radiator on is a painful process. The bottom mounts with those g/d spacers... took about an hour of swearing each.

So now the rear control arms are about level, and the front suspension looks very different. Suddenly a LOT more gap between the overflow catch can and the UCA.

Curious - from those with finished cars, is the top bar of the UCA level when correctly setup? It's close and it made me wonder.

Looking forward to the long weekend, with plans to do some tidying up wiring, swap the rear brakes side-to-side, convert to manual choke, etc..
    Last edited by RoadRacer; 12-28-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100