Jerry at Stewart Transport delivered my '33 stage 1 today!

truck.jpg
crane.jpg

Looks great, apart from one small problem, can you spot it? Something isn't as it should be

day1chassis.jpeg

Look at the very front of the chassis.. a little modification and flaking of powder coat. I'll let FFR & Stewart know about this on Monday. My wife and I did the inventory today, there's very little missing. A few bolts and a very short backorder list. In fact I have some extra parts in the cooling box that I haven't identified yet!

Of course I have a lot fewer boxes and parts having just stage 1. No body, interior etc.

boxes.jpeg

So, what are my plans? A pretty standard build to start with, get it on the road relatively quickly using donor mustang GT rear, donor 350 SBC and TKO600. I'm not planning much non-standard to start - this will be my DD as soon as I can get it done. Over time, I'll replace with blueprint 383 and upgrade whatever I find that needs doing. I added the 3 link option, so I'll be doing that from the beginning. Wanted IRS but couldn't swing that much extra $$.

Here's some renderings I've done of the final result, inspired by my old GTD40 with diamond white paint with light blue stripes. The stripes are hard to do well in the app I have, but you'll get the idea.

front-q.jpgrear-q.jpg

Tomorrow the fun starts in earnest. Thank all for being here and so helpful.