First AAA Ride Home @ 7,000 miles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went out to Bob's to use his lift to see if I could sport the cause of the right hand turn noise. Went for a quick spin to duplicate the noise for Bob.

Gave the car a quick squirt in 2nd. Car was quick but did not run as hard as usual. Went back & put the car up & found nothing suggesting any contact between parts that are not supposed to touch.

Bob save me some trouble when it spotted a main power wire that had come loose from a hold down & was rubbing on the drive shaft. Because I has sheathed all my wires only the protection had rubbed through. We wire tied it back in place & I will install a fresh hold down.

On the was home the engine cut out under load going onto the interstate. Did this once or twice. Not a misfire just zero power. Steady 2500ROM for about 20 miles. Car started not reacting to the gas pedal on upgrades. Would cut out then catch.

Eventually about 7 miles from home it quit altogether. Called AAA. About 45 minutes we were loaded & on the way.
Excellent driver. Took care to see the car was not scraped by the chains & dropped it in my garage.

Shuffled the cars around on the driveway then went it to check the COBRA. It started right up on the key turn.

Any thoughts?