Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kozmo LS1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerboerne View Post
    I live in Houston Texas...
    What part of Houston? I'm thinking of building one of these but would really like to see one in person before moving forward. I'm in the Kingwood area. If anyone is around me and wouldn't mind my stopping by please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael101 View Post
    What part of Houston? I'm thinking of building one of these but would really like to see one in person before moving forward. I'm in the Kingwood area. If anyone is around me and wouldn't mind my stopping by please let me know.
    I'm about 4.5 hrs east of you if nothing else works out.
    '33 Hot Rod
    Ordered: 3/25/17. Delivered: 5/6/17. 1st start: 8/24/18

MK4 Roadster
    Ordered: 7/10/13. Delivered: 8/20/13. Completed: 10/26/15.
    I did everything except spray it. She ain't perfect, but she's mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Michael101, I live in the Heights. You are welcome to come by and look anytime. Send me an email at [email protected]... Got fuel pump back from Aeromotive they said the one I sent them was fine ... however they replaced it anyway.
    Put it in and the motor runs great. Still having problems posting the video. Working on getting ready to go-kart goKart1.jpg. Will do align Sat. Then mount seats using the Breeze seat kit. Maybe go-kart on Sunday

Post Thanks / Like
    Time for seats and doors

seatsAndDoors.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I would take a couple of pictures while the sun was shinning... Looks like hood will fit over Alternator and AC Comp... Not going to run side panels...acComp.jpg
    hood1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    You had better call me when you go kart it so I can come see... damn you're catching up fast!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe I've seen a MAF sensor placed right in front of the throttle body. It is the older style, but are you confident that it will work in this location?

The newer blade style requires placement in the middle of a 6" length of straight 4" tube, located 10 inches from the throttle body. I ignored this requirement and wasted a lot of time making worthless intake snorkels that were doomed to failure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am using the old style MAF also using the 5 pin (The temp sensor is part of the MAF - reduces number of connectors by 1). Looks like to me the advantage to the old style is the veins in the body... Also using cable throttle body to keep things simple ... Engine starts and idles fine. When I go-kart I will know more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doors slowed me down this weekend... Spent all day Sunday on drivers door ... still not finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok lets see if this link works for youtube video
    https://youtu.be/deYkA4pdoAI

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice - subscribed!!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Did some go-karting today
    https://youtu.be/yU9wWyyVutQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Set up support for bat box that fits under floor of trunk
    batbox.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mounted seat slides on Breeze seat mounts and cut out trunk floor for bat box.
    batbox2.jpg
    seatslide1.jpgseatslide2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the Corbeau 3-point retractable seat belt will just fit between Boyd tank and body... Anyone need a seat harness I have one I won't be using. seat_belt.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the Corbeau 3-point retractable seat belt will just fit between Boyd tank and body... Anyone need a seat harness I have one I won't be using. seat_belt.jpg
    NICE;
    Keep us posted on the belts once the seats and body are done, I won't be using the OEM harnesses either.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to the Key to the Hills Rod Run this weekend. Vintage Air was there and I got a look at their E-Z Clip Refrigerant hose lines. I wish I had seen them before I ran my AC hoses. They are the same ID as the traditional hoses but the OD is a lot smaller.
    And you put the ends on with a set of connecting pliers! Would have made a load of difference connecting up the evaporator on the 33. Got their catalog and found some chrome louvers for the dash and a under dash louver panel for the middle port.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh by the way there was a ton of 32,33,34 Fords at the Rod Run and most of them had SBC in them (no FF 33s). A couple had Chrysler Hemis. Also a lot the guys drove their cars to the run (they didn't trailer them to the edge of town and then unload). Although some of the cars there were more garage-art then street-rod, they are easy to spot: large scoop on top of engine, multiple carbs, no visibility out of small windows, over 600 hp in a 2000 lb car, large slicks on the back, loud side exhaust... wonder why they put them on a trailer ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Working on fitting body parts. Was not going to run engine side panels, but I really like the way they look.

body.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Working on fitting body parts. Was not going to run engine side panels, but I really like the way they look.

body.jpg
    You are really moving along! It looks great.
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok - post a couple picts: gauge1.jpggauge2.jpgseatB1.jpgseatB3.jpg
    Finished chassis wiring ... roughed in gauge wiring (with mighty wiper motor)... going to do more go-karting tomorrow after charge AC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have to shorten seat belts ... but the retractors work well and bolted up fairly easy... will do some video of karting.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may want to eliminate the quick release connector, if you have to make changes to the webbing. I have the same Corbeau retractor. I used a 3-bar adjuster where the shoulder straps Y and another at the end of the retractable strap. This allows both pieces to be connected safely with proper winding of the webbing. If the strap out of the retractor has to come up a a significant angle to go over your shoulders, it may not work properly. I have mine mounted on a strong vertical surface, coming up and over a round bar that's at shoulder height. I know that the retractor can be rotated, but can't remember if it only works in either a horizontal or vertical orientation.

Also, to work properly, the Y should be passed through fixed slots in a high back seat, otherwise it wants to pinch the neck.

Ultimately, a 4 -point harness is safer, but it's sure a pain when you can't reach the dash when buckled.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...e/bar-adjuster
    Last edited by DaveS53; 01-13-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The mount points are critical ... no downward angle is best. Using the harness mount points on the 33 results in no downward angle. There is no need for high back seats, in fact would hinder retractor. They sell shoulder pads, but so for no need. Did you put these straps on a 33? if so how did you do it with high back seats? You are right the 4 point is safer ... as long as they are being used. Try wearing one for a couple of hours on the street.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished wiring lights, next ... get it ready for inspection. inter3.jpg inter2.jpginter1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Let the fun begin.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 3-point Y-style harness is made to work properly with high back seats that have shoulder harness slots. Driving with no rear head rest is dangerous, with or without proper seat belts.

From Corbeau: "With a 3-Point Harness Belt, the two shoulder straps go over your shoulders and through the harness slots in your seats."

A proper installation requires more room behind high-back seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Ba0d49bg6HY
    Last edited by DaveS53; 01-24-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Out getting gas and finding inspection person...hotrod1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Have to say car attracts a lot of attention...

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! Is it everything you expected?
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Still a lot of work to do. Putting back on the bike fenders, mounting the soft top, doing waterfall and carpet. I am surprised on how rough the body is and how much body shops want to paint it (for such a small car).
    Visited to an interesting body shop today in the Woodlands... "Vintage Restorations of the Woodlands" they have done several FFs.
    Overall, the build has been fun so far... and the car is really fun to drive. The LS1 is a good fit, runs great out of the box and I am hoping it will be reliable. Like I said still a lot of work to do...

Post Thanks / Like
    First fit for top and fenders top.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Decided to change out the roll bar and add a console with a touch screen radio/backup camera. Had some nice weather today so took it out to do speedo calibration. ride3.jpg and align headlights.
    Tried to get Kozmo to come along... he doesn't like load noises. kozmoRide.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Car looks so different with top on and hood off...top_noHood.jpg

Found a fiberglass console that I think will fit... console.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    First fit on console. console2.jpg
    Got roll tube back from benders ... now have to cut to length and machine slip fit.
    rollbar2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    First fit on console. console2.jpg
    Got roll tube back from benders ... now have to cut to length and machine slip fit.
    rollbar2.jpg
    The car looks amazing!! What source did you use for the console?
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    The trick on the console for me was finding one that would fit between the seats... you only have about 6in ... I got this one from classictruckconsoles.com They actually show some ff 33s on their customer page.
    Also I have been working on: Adding a reverse light to go along with the backup camera. Fitting gas lift struts on trunk lid. Finding a wind screen to fit into new roll bar. Making engine side panels removable.
    Will add pictures as I make progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    First fit for top and fenders top.jpg
    Quick question, what is your wheel and tire size on the front? Curious as I like the tight fit, as well did you use some spacers for the wheels? TY!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Front tires are Pirelli 245/40 ZR 18" 97Y PSero Nero Back tires are Pirelli 295/25 ZR 20" 95Y

Post Thanks / Like
    So got the roll bar bolted on ... not sure if I going to chrome it or powder coat rollbar2.jpg
    Gearing up for body work...paint1.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast