Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: mounting the trunk deck lid

Post Thanks / Like

mounting the trunk deck lid

yesterday the guys at the body shop wanted to mount and gap the trunk lid. I have been working there most mornings for about 3 hours each day, just lending a hand. I have learned so much. I told the guys about someone here that used a double sticky tape method, they were all over it. Worked pretty good. You can see from the pictures the orange tape with lines on them. that's where the lid lines up so it always goes back in the same place.I have very little faith in the riv nuts. The aluminum ones crushed nicely but failed to grip the hole and came right out. The ones I bought from mcmaster-carr made for plastics and fiberglass were to long and hit bottom. We used the steel versions and they feel tight and we could not pull them out, I know I tried. Still thinking about that potential problem. As a side note. When I did some cutting on the lid because it was way big, I cut in straight lines,well I should have looked at the opening the lid fits into and I would have seen that the upper opening line has a slight curve in it. The good news is there is enough material in the lid to match that gap. the holes in the hinges had to be slightly enlarged.getting ready to set the trunk lid.jpgmade the holes a little bigger.jpgtrunk lid set.jpg
    Last edited by Blade; 03-12-2021 at 11:54 AM.
    arrived July 18th 2019, first cart in Feb. 2020
    BluePrint Engines 383CI TKO600 GM Street&Strip
    Ridler wheels 17x 8 front 20 x 10 rear
    Toyo Proxes 245/35-17 front
    285/25-20 rear
    0mm offset finished Jan 2022

2. Likes RoadRacer, 33fromSD, narly1, HVACMAN liked this post