BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A tip about using Lizard Skin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Talking A tip about using Lizard Skin

I purchased both Lizard Skin CI & SC. Also the spraying kit. I applied the sound control today and want to share a very important observation I had while mixing with the drill driven tool. Do NOT under any circumstances accidentally press the trigger on the drill after lifting the mixing tool from the bucket. You will find out how far that dang thing will sling that stuff. All over the floor, wall, garage door, toolbox, body on the body buck, parts boxes, work bench, and if you can believe it, in your hair.
    After a substantial clean up I managed to get the 1st coat in. Lesson learned. 😀
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's one way to clean the mixing tool. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't been there, Haven't done that!
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    We're laughing with you, not at you Several years ago I had to get a crewcut after getting coal tar epoxy splooshed all over while under a boat, so have much empathy for your situation.