Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Srobinsonx2 Bodywork

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobinsonx2 View Post
    Boat737 and Roadracer,

Man. You guys have eagle eyes. It was off by exactly one inch. Embarrassing move on my part. I was using a measuring trick i learned from my Dad. He was a carpenter and always made me use the 1 inch mark as my starting point when measurung from a mark (instead of the end of the tape like you would normally do on a hard edge). He said it could be more accurate. Well, that is only true if you don't forget to add an inch on the other end of the tape.

I was so worried about how the stripe was laying out on the scoop i didnt notice it.

Thanks for keeping my straight.
    Sorta like the saying, "I've cut it 3 times and it's still too short." Good to work out the mental gymnastics now, and not during the final layout. I know what you mean about using the 1 inch mark as the starting point. I use it with tape measures, but for the really fine stuff, I use a 6" or 12" machinist's scale measuring from the end.

Just curious, are you going to taper the stripes slightly at the front and rear? From what I read, some do, and some don't.
    Last edited by boat737; 06-23-2017 at 09:39 AM.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread