Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wilwood it is... questions though, mostly for the rear IRS setup

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wilwood it is... questions though, mostly for the rear IRS setup

The Readers Digest version as to why I'm asking:

Friday morning going to HB Cruise-In, my front right 2000 Mustang caliper decided not to retract; heated things up and lost the brakes on the 405.
    After cool down for an hour and may bottles of water ( I don't have 2 hours ), I got my braking back.

Sat. visited the Wilwood tent.... wife gave me the green light to replace my system altogether (I do love my wife!).

My 10 year old build has: Thurnderbird IRS from an 87' SuperCoupe (complete with knuckles and brakes) and front spindles off a 2000 Mustang w/the OEM brakes.

From Wilwood's website, these should be the brake upgrade for the fronts: http://wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKi...temno=140-9107
    But what I don't know, is what to do with the rears. If I'm going to do this, I do want a matching pair in the rear; of course I need to think about the parking brake as well.

The first thing that comes to mind is Gordon Levy as it appears he's got a complete package. Anybody use his kit? Comments and gotcha's if you do?

TIA,

Herman
    https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to be careful with the 9107 kit with Halibrand style wheels, they will not fit. I designed a 6 piston superlite front to clear those wheels and there are will over 1000 of my IRS kits out there since we designed it in 1999.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'll try to find time tomorrow to give you a call .
    https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺